𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞. secrets

☾𝐟𝐰. ═════════

═════════ 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬

═════════ 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬.

IT WASN'T EMILIA'S FIRST INTERROGATION and it certainly wouldn't be her last; not if she based her predictions on the past trajectory of the inspector's failures. Purely statistically, Emilia counted with at least five more pointless visits to the school, if the inspector followed her usual curve. 

The woman was pathetic, really: she came in every day with her commando of disinterested officers and continued asking the same teenagers the same questions all over again, as if they would miraculously remember that they, all this time, had had the crucial information that would help the Madrid Police department solve at least one fucking case.

Emilia was too smart to believe that the inspector's urging would make anyone change their minds about holding back what they were aware of, and had decided not to disclose. It wasn't most of the others' first interrogation, either; and if anything, they had less to lose than her.

And she chose to stay quiet, even though her ex-boyfriend, and admittedly the boy that she definitely still had feelings for, despite the fact that it'd been over three months, was missing. The others were way less emotionally invested in the matter, thus even less prone to break and reveal the secrets that they'd been trying to bury six feet underground.

Unless – well, unless. Unless something more improbable than a collision of the Earth with an asteroid happened. (The chance of a collision with an asteroid of a 400 meter diameter is around one percent during the next millenium; infinitely more than what would have to take place at Las Encinas to ruin Emilia's life that she had finally managed to pull somewhat together.)

But still.

"I don't know anything about it. I'm sorry."

The only thing left to do was hope that the others had the good sense to use the same answer.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

☾ 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞. this book is a continuation of my s1 elite book, called ONE OF THEM. you can either find it on my profile, or you can read the summary by clicking on the comment.