𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞. demons

☾𝐢𝐱. ═════════

 ═════════ 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬

═════════ 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬.

GREAT PLANS ARE HALTED by unforeseeable obstacles; at least that was what Emilia thought when Polo, for whom she had another bonding speech prepared and a bunch of pills to make him prone to overshare preordered with Valerio, didn't come to school.

Spotting Carla talking to Ander and Cayetana in front of the classroom, tense and worried, Emilia waited until the blonde walked away while texting to start her own interrogation.

"Caye? Do you know anything about Polo?"

The girl twitched as Emilia grabbed her shoulder and pulled her to the lockers, confused by the familiar addressing, but forced herself to smile and explain to Emilia: "He threw up really bad, he was super sick. He went home."

Shit. "Did he like, overdose or something?" Emilia asked, her brain seeing Polo in the bathroom of a club with another seizure, yet this time, completely alone.

Cayetana glared at Emilia in shock, unaware of any strong prior friendship between the two - and since she watched Polo a lot, she thought she would've known - but obviously, she just hadn't noticed. "Well, he tried to, but fortunately, I pulled him out of the pool and they pumped his stomach," she trembled, goosebumps invading every inch of her skin. "Just - don't tell anyone who doesn't know about it, vale? I think he would-"

Joder. "Of course," Emilia smiled uneasily. "I wouldn't even have thought about that."

"You - you know why he's so-" Cayetana's eyes were as wide as tennis balls and watering excessively. A lagoon like that would've looked better in Emilia's blue eyes than the other girl's brown, swampy ones.

Yet, the blonde didn't feel a hint of incoming tears. "No, not really, but I have an idea," she mumbled, frantically trying to figure out her next step. "Bye, Caye. Thanks."

After going through her closet approximately two thousand times, Emilia gave up, put on her skinny jeans and a sheer, slightly see-through black top with sandals on a platform to make the outfit at least somewhat party-appropriate, and set out on her mission. If she wanted to make it to Polo's house and then to the party, she probably shouldn't have spent two hours picking an outfit nobody would even care about just to wear almost the same thing she had worn the day before.

What could she say? She hadn't exactly been acting reasonable recently.

"Hello," she let Polo's maid take her coat and be shown to his room. "Polo?"

"Emilia? I didn't think you'd come-" Polo mumbled, sitting up on his bed and eating soup from a Tupperware.

"What happened?" the girl asked quietly, sitting down on his bed without an invitation. "I mean - did you go overboard with-"