𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. blackmail

☾𝐱𝐢𝐯. ═════════

═════════ 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐥

═════════ 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐥.

BEING ANGRY AT VALERIO and proving a point (that being, she had pride) came with a side effect even worse than the actual need for him - Emilia had absolutely noone to talk to at school again.

Since Ander had turned out to be entangled in the whole murderous mess, Emilia didn't have an escape from it anymore, let it be a person or anything else. Which meant, she rarely thought about things other than murders; not ideal for her already questionable mental stability.

If she had to rank the years of her life by her enjoyment of them, she'd put this one in last place even though she couldn't know how long she'll live and what she'll have to go through. Because, things just couldn't get worse than this, right?

"Hi, Nadia," Emilia found herself desperately roaming through the library and trying to find a distraction from her horribly wrecked life in studying, which absolutely did not work. There weren't many activities that would make you wander off to the furthest corner of your brain as reliably as staring into a Biology textbook.

She couldn't even turn to drugs anymore, one reason being that she did not want to test her currently good relationship with her father, the more important one being, that she did not want to go near Valerio.

This was why people said not to mix business with pleasure.

"Hello," Nadia lifted her head with slight surprise, but when she saw that Emilia was coming in peace, she mustered a feeble smile.

"Can I sit?"

"Sure."

Emilia slid into a chair next to Nadia and focused on the obviosuly exhausted girl. "If you wanna study, just tell me. I'll leave."

"No, it's fine," Nadia sighed. "Actually, I'd like a distraction from everything right now."

"Makes the two of us," Emilia huffed. "So, since Guzmán and Lu broke up - did that happen for a reason? Is there something going on between you two?"

"Don't even remind me of that," Nadia shook her head lightly. "Can we just talk about anything other than boys?"

"Sure, it's not like I have much to tell right now, on that subject."

"About that," Nadia slid the pad of her thumb over the edge of her notebook pensievely, "What happened between you and Valerio?"

"Nothing," it was Emilia's turn to sigh heavily. "I mean, we just slept together a few times, it didn't mean anything- I mean-" she stopped, focusing on Nadia's dull facial expression.

"Don't worry, I'm not judging you," the curly-haired girl assured. "I'm just thinking about how much I messed up. Anyways-" she grinned lightly, "I don't think it didn't mean anything. To you or to him. I tutor him, you know, and he's seriously depressed-"