𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. risks

☾𝐱𝐯𝐢. ═════════

═════════ 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐤𝐬

═════════ 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐤𝐬.

EMILIA'S INTENTION TO FIND SAMUEL was disrupted by her father's presence in the house. For once, she'd prefer things to go back to the way they were when she lived alone - having absolute freedom when to go in and out. She just wanted to drop off her things and change - yes, she had gone to a bar in her school uniform. She didn't give a shit anymore, and without the blazer, and a spare, casual sweater from her locker, it wasn't that evident.

Her stop at home didn't pay off, though; instead of trying to get hold of Samuel and confronting him about whatever the hell he was trying to do, she sat on the sofa in front of her dad, towering over her like she was being scolded - which she wasn't sure was the case - and listening to something important he had to tell her.

"There's a charity event tomorrow at the Starlight Hotel."

"I know," Emilia agreed, tapping her foot nervously. "I know, you already told me we're going."

"I'm going to need for you to do something with that Polo you told me about."

"Of course," Emilia felt adrenaline take over her body. "Are you-"

"I need you to bug him."

Emilia's life was turning into a very bad spy movie. "How?"

"It's a micro dictafone. See? It's about as big as a cent," Otto continued with his speech, showing Emilia a tiny black rectangle. "And it has a GPS tracker on it, too. I need you to slip it into his pocket or anywhere else, something he'll wear for the rest of the night."

"How is that going to help?"

"Darling, leave the rest of the plan to me. You just have to worry about somehow sneaking this to him, and that he'll have it for the rest of the night. Can you do that?"

Emilia gulped. "Yes," she locked her eyes with her dad's determinedly. "I'm not going to let you down again, dad."

Otto patted the girl's shoulder awkwardly. "Thank you. Now, do you need help with ideas on how you'll do it?"

"I'll figure something out."

"Good girl," she felt his lips whispering into the top of her head. "If everything goes according to plan, everything will be dealt with tomorrow night."

Oh god, Emilia thought. As much as she was frightened that Polo would find out somehow and do something impulsive, the rush of hormones in her veins and the feeling that things were finally moving with Polo and his threat, gave her a weird, hopeful outlook on the world.

Maybe not everything would have to end in an absolute catastrophe. Her father could solve every issue that came their way.

With her help.