𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. magnet for problems

☾𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. ═════════

═════════ 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐧𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐬

NEITHER POLO NOR EMILIA were particularly experienced with drugs. Two desperate and unaccustomed kids partying together was the absolute worst pairing one could see at a nightclub.

It wasn't until the early morning hours that Emilia started to feel the comedown of the ecstasy; to deal with it, she drunk more. Had Valerio been there, he would've given her the tip that she couldn't have done anything worse.

"Are you okay, Emilia?" Polo entered the girl's bathroom. Emilia was bent over the toilet bowl, but she couldn't get anything out; she was left with a cramping stomach and an insane desire to throw up.

"Fuck. Shit." That was when she started crying.

Everything hit her like a ton of bricks: Marina, Carla, Samuel, Christian, even Guzmán. Emilia's presence seemed to fuck up everyone she knew, closely or fleetingly, and make them do horrible things.

"I'm a terrible person-" she found herself sobbing into Polo's shoulder.

He didn't say anything for a long time; when he spoke, his voice was husky and unsteady. "You can't be worse than me."

"That's bullshit, Polo. I'm worse than everyone. I just try to ignore all the shit that I caused and try to pretend that everything's fine, but nothing is!"

"Trust me, I'm right. You can't be worse than me." Polo was sullenly pale and covered in cold sweat. Emilia's hair was an oily mess.

"I drive away everyone I know. Samuel, Carla, Christian, my dad-" Emilia broke completely, throwing her head against the wall tiles and not feeling the heavy thump. "And I deserve not to have anyone, but god-"

"I deserve not to have anyone. I deserve for everyone to hate me," Polo continued in his own speech, his eyes closed and his body violently rattling. "Fuck, fuck-"

A horrible thought brisked through Emilia's head and she sat up in sobering shock, straightening her shoulders and staring at Polo curled up on the wall of the bathroom stall.

"What did you do, Polo?" Emilia whispered, but the boy was convulsing and violently sobbing and couldn't hear her, repeating swear words and inaudible pleas. He seemed as in some sort of frenzy, unaware of his surroundings.

But the blonde was wide awake.

"Marina-" she caught from his lips. "Carla-"

Emilia's world spun around, she exhaled abruptly and then finally uncontrollably burst out into the toilet bowl.

It wasn't a good day to go over possible murder suspects; Emilia felt like death herself. Sitting in class next to a similarly despondent looking Ander was absolute torture.