Broken

Aaron

I took a pink note from her hand and opened it. I recognized her handwriting written in that slant pattern and I read it loud.

"Round and round, the world goes high.
The way you drink, makes you reach the sky.
Clinking of the glasses, takes your mouth goes dry.
The dazzle of the liquid, lit ups the desire bright.
Sparkle on the tongue, explodes the flavour right.
Sourness in the throat, demands a need for twice.
When the heart gets clenched, you feel your death arrives.
But the guts get stirred, and that puke lets you survive.
Oh, that hangover tomorrow makes you weave a set of new lies.
Don't be so proud, because the luck doesn't always thrive."

I was so amazed to read that would be an understatement, I was enthralled.
Reading it once again I grasped the idea behind it, it was very clear. She wrote it after getting drowned in regret and It was the promise she made to herself that she'll never ever drink in her entire life.

I look at her proudly and she smiled sheepishly.
"How was it?" She asks a little hesitant.
"It's wonderful!" I appreciate her and planted a kiss on her head.
"Err. Thanks and it's yours now!" She says with a demanding tone.
"Yes ma'am and I'll read it whenever I found myself in the need of a drink. Okay?"
"Good!" She chirps and moves a little closer to my face to give a hug.

"I don't know what's their between us, but I wanted to take a chance and explore you! You'll stay?" She asks me innocently.
"Ofcourse baby! I'll always be there." I make her believe me.
"Do you trust me?" I ask her and this question was the one that I wanted to ask her since a very long time.
She looks at me with an irked face and I felt my heart sink.

"Strangely, I do." She says in a very casual tone.
My eyes lit up with hope and I ask her being surprised,
"Strangely?"
"Duh! It's something that isn't in my control." She tells as if stating facts and this confession of hers made me more curious.
"And what more includes on which you doesn't have control?" And I know I was sounding noisy.

"For that, you need to spend your time with me!" And hits me with her pillow, getting off over me and threw another in my direction for me to caught It and started laughing like a five year old carefree, joyful baby.

We fought with pillows, layed beside each other, talked about random stuff, shared our information and then Mela called us for dinner.

We descended stairs holding each other's hand and reached the dining table. She served us food and sat with us to have dinner with us.
"Guess we need to add extra chair for our table." Mela teased us and they giggled.

It was after eleven when I decided to leave for my house with my heart heavy because honestly my life is very sketchy without her.

She brings colors to my life and makes me fall in love with the world around. Smiling at the note that she gave me, I kept it inside my wallet and dropped it In my trousers pocket.

Who would have thought that someone would actually caught my drinking habit and will help me to quit that in a very innocent yet demanding way?
At least the demons inside of me who always encouraged me to do those stuff had never!

She became my remedy.

Stepping inside my house I found the bottles of liquor broken and spread over the floor and the sounds of utensils hitting the floors reached my ears.

I hastily rushed towards the kitchen and found my dad in a drunk state searching something over there.
"Dad!" I call him out but he wasn't in the mood to listen.
"Dad! What is that you need?!" I try to snatch the plates from his hands that he was ready to launch them on the floor.

I grab him from behind and dragged him out of the kitchen ignoring his attempts to escape and somehow managed to bear his kicks.

Throwing him on the large sofa of our living, I splashed some water from the bottle that was kept on centre table on his face.
"What do you think that you're doing?!" He growled.
Funny! I should be the one asking that.

Without uttering a word I sat across him on the other sofa and glared at him.
He looked away and moved behind to rest his back on the soft material of the sofa.

"I guess I need an explanation." I demand.
"There's nothing to be explained!" He yells.
"I got it. But what was the fault of those bottles and plates and glasses? Do you want me to eat from the boxes?" I ask him.
"I'll f*cking buy you some new sets."

"Thankyou! Get some right use of your money." And I stood up to leave.

"I lost it!" He whispers and I turn around to look at him.
"I f*cking lost it! She chosed him! All these years that I was fighting drowned in vain. What have I done to spent my life without her? I know their are very few years left for me! But those few years means nothing without her. I've lost the purpose! All these years I lived with a hope to win the case and thought that she'll return back! But I lost Aaron! I lost my wife, the love of my life! I lost her!!" He breaks down right in front of my eyes and I couldn't help but cry hugging him.

I knew this was coming short, just didn't knew when.
I was prepared for it's aftereffects, just didn't knew it will be so worst.
I knew he would collapse, just didn't knew that it would be so painful.
I knew that we will loose her, just didn't knew it could be so soon.

I didn't left my father the whole night. His tears dried on his wrinkled face, some his pillow soaked and some where captured by my shirt.

I never confessed how much I love my dad and his trust in me to handle his vulnerable side proved that, I am his only one left behind in this world.

We became each others lifeline.

__________________

Okay that was some emotional stuff! I hope it was expressed well and the emotions were on the point.

The next one is the important one and let's just hope that we will be witnessing something excited.

Keep reading, keep loving and keep supporting. remember to like, comment and share.

Xoxo,Fariya