To Know Her

Aaron

She said I have her number crumpled somewhere in my bag and I know better that she didn't gave me.

Picking up my bag from the desk and searching a note inside it I didn't find any. Getting more desperate I just emptied the contents of my bag on my bed and scramble them, but there wasn't any except for the one note that I got from Mrs. Lucas for the tutorials.

I close my eyes and tries to remember exactly what she said.
"You have another one crumpled inside your bag. And I hope that you'll call me this time."

Opening up my eyes, I recall that I have only two notes with me, the one she placed in my folder was kept in the drawer of my desk and the another one was given by Mrs. Lucas that I was holding right now in my hands.

Staring at it her voice echoes in my room,
"And I hope you'll call me this time!"

Opening up the note I see her name written on it,
"Remi!" Her name came out as a whisper and I felt my heart skipped a beat.

I wiped my hands on my pants and to my surprise my palms were sweating. Sliding my hands inside my pocket I grabbed out my phone and immediately punched my passcode. Dialing up her number I check it ones before hitting on call button.

Taking a deep breath, I tapped the call button, placing the phone on my ear I closed my eyes to listen the call ring twice and someone picks it up.
I immediately distant the phone from my ear and my heart started pounding inside my chest.
Gulping I kept the phone on my ear.
"Hi! Who's this?" A familiar voice hits the sensitive skin of my ear which were already red and my lips formed a curve.
"Remi?" I breathed her name in relief opening my eyes.
There was a pause for a second on the line, followed by a deep sigh. This was enough to give me goosebumps.
"Yes, it's me. Remi Harrison." There was happiness in her voice and she continued,
"And finally you recognized me. You don't know how long you made me waiting for your call, almost a week! You're late." She complains and I can imagine that mischief in her eyes.
"I'm sorry." I apologize.

"It's okay. It was fun. Waiting for you. My eagerness increased day by day while you perfectly teased me by not calling! It was so difficult to concentrate on my work, because my eyes were staring at the screen of my phone to flash an unknown number. Gosh! You finally did. By the way, you owe me a thing for this. " she blurted out.

This girl makes me feel new emotions and the fact that she waited for my call almost a week gave me a pleasure, that her situation was same as mine. This was the first time in my life that I understood, how It feels to wait for someone is.

"Hello! You're listening?" She yells.
"Yeah! You were saying?..."
"I said, I'll text you my address because I can't wait any longer." She says.
"Me too." I say and end the call.

I stared at the screen and after a minute a message popped up on my phone, sliding it immediately I read it.

"Oh God! That's really... really unbelievable! I had her number all this time for a weak but my dumb ass couldn't recognize her! How could this happen?" I jump in excitement and then my eyes fall on the note layed on my bed.

Picking it up I stare at it with a smile on my face,
"Remi Harrison. I'm coming to know you more."

Fourty five minutes later I was standing in front of her door, a little confused and hesitant to give a bell.
Sighing for the hundredth time I finally decided to give a ring.

Exactly ten seconds later I hear footsteps nearing towards the door and finally it opens revealing a
Middle-aged lady dressed in a pink dress with a apron tied upon it.
I was a little disappointed because I expected her to open the door.
"Hello sir! Welcome." She greets me and I fluttered when she addressed me as 'Sir'.

Entering the door, I saw a hall arranged with a sofa set and a TV on the wall. Across the hall there was a huge glass door that lead to the patio and then to the backyard. To the right there was an open kitchen with a dining table on the left beside a wall with only three chairs. Their was a staircase beside the wall that leads to the first floor of the house. To the left it was a door that was closed and I assumed it as a washroom.

"Feel comfortable sir, Ms. Remi is upstairs on a phone call. She'll probably join you in five minutes."
"Uhm.. okay, and you can call me Aaron.. Miss..??" I tell her.
"Ofcourse Aaron! I'm Melanie. You can call me Mela." She says with a warm smile and leaves towards the kitchen.

Keeping my bag on the sofa I turned around to look at the wall on which many photo frames were hanged around the TV. Giving a close look, I saw a huge frame in which Remi was easily identified with another women, probably the adult version of her but her nose was snub and her eyebrows were arched. Face was round, grey hair that ends above her shoulders and her body was a little limp.

"Mela! Could you send Aaron up? And yeah, you could bring some snacks for us!" She yells from above.

I smile and turn around to look at Melanie.
"Stairs, the first room on the left." She instruct and I thanks her before picking up my bag to leave.

Climbing up the stairs I notice some art paintings hanging on the wall. All in all this house was like the one from a drama set.

Reaching up I found two doors on both of my side and the left one of peach color made it clear that it belongs to her.
I chuckled before knocking her door and as my hand was half way in the air she opened it.

___________________________

Finally! He met her. Remi Harrison. Isn't it a beautiful name?

And How dumb was Aaron! By the way, Remi means remedy. Stay tuned for the next one.

Keep reading, keep loving and keep supporting. Do like, comment and share.

Xoxo.Fariya.