Chapter 48

Liam's P.O.V

Once Sophie and Lux were picked up by Harry and Brooklyn I continued to work on the twin's nursery.

"Hey Li? Are you hungry?" Emily asked appearing in the doorway.

"Yeah, sure. What do you want?" I asked, setting down my hammer and walking over to her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and looked down at her.

"Would you like me to make something or we could order out?" She said, smiling up at me.

"I love your cooking but I really want pizza." I said, smiling. I peck her lips and grab my phone out of my pocket.

"I'll call. You keep working." She said, taking my phone from my hands and walking away. I turned around and finished putting together the other crib. I put the sheets and Piglet things on the crib and then picked up the tiny dress. It was so little. I put it on the crib and smiled to myself.

I walked out of the room and sat down on the couch. I flipped the Telly on and Emily walked back in.

"Pizza will be here in five minutes." She said coming over to me. She sat down and I wrapped my arms around her waist. A few minutes later the pizza arrived and Emily went to go get it. She came back and set the box on the coffee table. We both grabbed a slice and began to eat. I finished my last piece of pizza when my phone began to ring.

"Liam? You need to come over now." Harry said before I could even say hello. His voice sounded urgent and I never heard his voice like that before.

"Why? Is Brooklyn okay? Oh no, what's wrong with Brooklyn?" I asked, standing up off of the couch and grabbing my car keys.

"I'm not sure. I don't think she's okay though." Harry said as I kissed Emily's forehead and ran out the door. She gave me a confused look but I left in such a hurry I couldn't explain.

"Why?" I asked, getting into my car and starting it up. I started to drive to Harry and Brooklyn's house. I didn't live that far away, so I didn't need to drive that fast, but I felt like I needed to drive fast to get to Brooklyn. I didn't feel like I needed to get to her because I loved her though, I felt like I needed to get to her because she was my best friend. She would always be my best friend.

"She's been feeling sick today, and she keeps taking some stress pills, and I don't think it's good for the babies." Harry said as I pulled into the driveway of their house. "She wasn't acting right when we were laying together."

"Okay, I'm in your driveway." I said before getting out of my car and hanging up. I walked up the the porch and opened the front door. "Haz?" I asked. Harrys walked out from the kitchen rocking Lux back and forth. When he saw me he sighed in relief.

"Thank god. She's upstairs in her room." Harry told me, rocking Lux back and forth while kissing her head. I nodded and walked up to Brooklyn's room. Right as I was about to open her door, I head her talking.

"I really do love you both. And I know for a fact your Daddy loves you. He loves you more than he loves me, but that's okay because he has Mummy Emily and I have Daddy Harry. And your sisters Sophie and Lux already love you so much. They point to you in my tummy and they tell you good night, and we all love you. We all love you so much." I heard her mumble something and I carefully opened the door. As soon as I did Brooklyn's head shot up.

"Hey." I said, walking in and closing the door behind me. "Harry called me. You okay?" I asked. She nodded and pulled up her duvet over her stomach. "How are the babies?" She shrugged and I knew something was up. "Brooklyn, you need to talk to me. What's wrong?"

"I- I can't do this." She said, bursting into tears. I sat down on the edge of her bed and let her cry into my chest. "I can't have four babies. I just can't! I'm already a whore for having Sophie and taking Lux in, but now... I can't be a mum to four kids. I can't. I love them both so much, but I can't do it." She screamed, grabbing my shirt and hanging on for dear life.

"Brooklyn, did you do something? To the babies?" I asked, peeling her off of my shirt and looking into her bloodshot eyes. She nodded and pointed to her bathroom, bursting into tears again. I stood up and went over to her bathroom to see a hair drier, her glasses and a small orange container that had the one word I never wanted to see on a pill bottle.

Abortion.

Brooklyn's P.O.V

"L-Liam I-I'm sorry. I just- I can't." I cried into my hands, disgusted with myself. I knew that the babies weren't dead.

Not yet.

I had to take the whole bottle of pills for the whole abortion to work, and I knew Liam was going to throw the pills away.

"W-Why couldn't you just tell me? I would've talked you through it." He said, putting the bottle in his coat pocket and coming back over to me. He sat down on the bed next to me and I looked up at him.

"Because you would've talked me out of it." I said, not willing to lie to Liam. He sat back down on the bed, pulled me close to him and wrapped his arms around me. I buried my head in his chest and he rubbed my back. "They're still coming. I have to finish the bottle for it to work. Christopher and Chloe are still coming. Four and a half months to go." I told him. I had gone from excitement in the first few months to now scared and worried.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" He asked, putting his hand under my chin so he could see my face. I shrugged and let one last tear run down my face.

"I don't know, but I guess you really want them. They mean a lot to you, don't they?" He nodded. "But you have to promise not to be like Harry. Okay?" I asked. Liam looked surprised at me.

"Cookie, do you really think I would so that to you?" He asked.

"No, but I didn't think Harry would either..." I trailed off. Liam nodded and kissed my forehead. "I really am sorry. I-I didn't know they meant so much to you. I thought you were putting up with the mistake you had made with me."

"Brooklyn, they might be a mistake but they are the best mistake I've even made." Liam said, standing up and smiling at me. I nodded and Liam said goodbye, then he left me alone in my room.

"I really am sorry." I said to Liam, Christopher and Chloe.

Mallory's P.O.V

"Niall, where is my baby?" I asked, running up to Niall. He pointed to the hospital room behind him and I ran in, not prepared for what I was about to see. Ava was hooked up ten machines and it broke my heart.

"She's so small and helpless." Niall said from behind me, making me jump. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He apologised. He put his hands on my shoulders and it relaxed me.

"It's fine. W-Will she be okay?" I asked, my voice cracking and a tear rolling down my rosy cheek. Niall nodded and walked closer to Ava's bed.

"She broke her right arm and leg. One rib is broken. Other than that she should be fine." Niall said, reaching out and stroking Ava's blonde hair.

"Fine? That's not fine. Why weren't you watching her?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper. Niall turned around and looked shocked at me.

"I was watching her! I ran up to catch up with her and she was gone! I even told her to stay out of the street. This was far from my fault." I whisper-yelled. Mallory huffed and darted out the door, tears running down her cheeks.

I looked down at Ava and sighed, then felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I took it out and opened up the text I had just gotten from Mallory.

We're over.