19. Business Meeting

(I don't own any of the pictures)

Kids were in the full blast mood and having fun with music dance and food we were enjoying seeing them all.

"Ali, me, and Alex has decided to talk to Cherry about adopting her," Em says with a smile on her face her eyes were twinkling. "That's a great decision, so when you guys will?" I asked, "Well Alex had decided to take a break and then we will go on the trip and we will talk to Maria and Bob if they allow us will take Cherry with us too," She says, and we look at the kids they all were so happy.
"This is a good idea and I know Cherry will be lucky to have a mom like you," Maria says and sit beside us, "And we don't have any problem if you will take her with you," Maria says and now Em was super happy, and she hugs Maria, "Thank you so much," Em says Maria chuckle and rub her back, "Ok ok but leave me I can't tolerate to much pressure in this age," Maria says and Em detangles herself from Maria.

"I can't tell you how much happy I am," Em says, "Em it's already evening I think it's time to go," I said and Em nod we say bye to the kids give them kisses, and hugs, and then I drive both of us back to my house. Because Em had parked her car here. Em was excited to tell this news to Alex so she doesn't even stop at my house and drive herself to her house, I open my doors and get inside close the door.

Take off my shoes and sit on the couch, and close my eyes and I can see his face smiling but this smile disgust me, I open my eyes, "No, No Alison you can't think about him, he doesn't worth it," I said to myself because he reminds me of the same heartbreak I had got twice maybe I don't worth that maybe it's me who don't deserve or can keep a man in my life. My phone started ringing, ahh! Who is calling me at this time? I take out my mobile from my bag and saw it was my boss god this woman doesn't have any chill she is calling me on the day off. Can't she give me a free day?

I am working on designs from the day I had come back and I don't know with whom she is dealing with she told me she got a big client and they want me to complete the orders for design but I hadn't met them yet, she told me they are going to have a meeting with me soon. I pick the call.

On-call.....

Alison: Hello Cara,

Cara: why did you pick my call so late?

Alison: Cara I am not in the office, today is my day off show don't you think maybe I can be busy?

Cara: oh! Please don't joke like this, Busy and you? Never. You may be sitting on your bed with a sketchbook or watching some movies. Man doesn't like to date women like you.

She just said it bluntly, I wanted to tell her fuck off but is that true man's don't like to date women like me? Whatever.

Cara: I called you to inform you that tomorrow our new client is coming to have a meeting with you so please be on time.

Wow! Who is saying she is the one who is always late. And giving me a lecture about being late.

Alison: Okay, I will be there on time anything else?

Cara: no just be prepared with your designs, I don't want to get disappointed in front of my big clients.

Yeah! Yeah! I know that I don't respond to that and then She cut the call and because I was tired I thought to take some rest here, I lay down on the couch properly, close my eyes.

I woke up and felt like it's already late at night I check the time on my phone it was past 9' o clock so I get up from the couch and go to my room to get fresh, change my clothes and then collect my new design which I had scattered on my house office desk, But I feel little dozy I need coffee so I go to my kitchen make some coffee, as I was making I look around and feel how alone I am in my life, I know I have my friends but they also have their lives they can't be around me all the time I feel I need someone who can be just mine and can give me attention, Care, love and.. what I am thinking? I need to take off all these feelings I need to focus on my work right now.

I pour my coffee in the mug and take it to the office take a sip of my coffee and place it on my table take the designs scan them all into my laptop and then make a slide show of them. Prepare the plans I had for the next designs. And I don't know how much time passes I glance at my mobile and it was 12 O'clock, I should go to sleep now or I will be late in the morning, I think and close the laptop place all the designs in the file properly I always like to be organized when it comes to my work, so I put all things on there places pack my office bag without thinking about anything else I go to my kitchen to put the empty coffee cup in the sink raisin it and then go to my room. I lay down on the bed pull covers over me and sleep come over quickly.

Next morning.....

I am never late for my meetings and work but today is different Like it was bonded that I will be late. First I woke up late then I spill coffee on my dress, when I come to my driveway I saw my car tire was puncher, I called Em to take me with her she said she will be late today she and Alex is going to Orphanage, so I book a cab and it was 10 minutes late. Today whole world is against me.

I can feel it, but finally, I was in front of my boutique, I don't want to but I saw my mobile and I was 25 minutes late for the meeting, which is the record in itself. Without wasting any second I got inside the boutique and I was in a hurry that I knocked down of my co-workers I apologize without stopping and finally I stop in front of Cara's office it was a glass door so I can see her and she can see me too, she gives me a glare I just give her puppy dog.

I can see man and woman sitting there, their back was in front of me so I can't see their faces, I knock on the office door, "Come in" Cara says with a fake smile and I get the hint I am going to get so much to hear after the meeting. Same time both the man and woman turn and I had a smile on my face with a drop immediately when I saw the face of a man and woman who was none other than Mr. Liam Robertson and a woman who I hadn't seen ever. But his face was one of the things I really trying to get off my mind and he dares to show up on my work and more importantly as my client. How shameless someone can be?

What happened to Alison that she doesn't even want to think about Liam?
Stay connected to know.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And if you like the Chapter, please give it's a vote⭐and comment.

*Dipika*