Chapter 5 |:| Horror Stories

A/n

I finally remembered to write on my laptop instead of my phone and holy, this is so much easier.

We're just going to pretend that I didn't completely forget about Wedgehurst in the first chapter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun was ruthless against Y/n's skin as her, Leon and Raihan dragged themselves along route three.

"Why is it so hot??" complained Y/n.

"Eevvo..." agreed Eevee.

"How much water did we bring?" Asked Raihan

"Not enough," said Leon in a flat tone.

Route three wasn't the longest in the world but it was certainly difficult due to the searing heat of the sun.

Eventually, they sought shelter under a nearby berry tree, this helped quite a bit to beat the heat.

"Maybe we should wait until the sun sets. Then it won't be so hot and we could make it to Galar Mine" suggested Raihan.

"That's a good idea Raihan," said Y/n. Turning to face him.

Raihan beamed at Y/n's praise before sending out his Trapinch. Since Trapinch is a ground type, the heat didn't bother it.

Y/n and Leon then sent out their Pokémon as well. Eevee may not be a fan of the crazy heat but Charmander and Scorbunny, as fire types, welcomed the heat with open arms.

Eevee looked at the three Pokémon with disgust as they played together in the sun. How could they possibly enjoy such madness?

"Hey Y/n, you've never had a battle before, have you?" Asked Leon

"Well.....no," Y/n said, a little embarrassed at her inexperience.

"Battle me," said Leon in a very serious tone.

"What? Really??" asked Y/n.

"Yeah, unless you're too chicken," Said Leon with a smirk.

"What? no of course I'm not! Scorbunny lets battle!!"

Scorbunny immediately stopped what it was doing and ran up to Y/n.

Eevee looked at it trainer before hopping down onto the ground beside Leon. Eevee couldn't help but feel a little angry that Y/n instantly called Scorbunny instead of it.

"Ok Charmander, let's teach Y/n what a real battle feels like," Said Leon, standing up.

"Char!" Charmander said, pumped up and ready for battle.

With both of Trapinch's playmates gone, it decided to make small talk with Eevee while it watched Y/n and Leon begin their battle.

"Since your my little sister, ill let you have first move. Don't thank me-"

Leon was cut off by Y/n yelling "Scorbunny, use scratch!"

Scorbunny dashed forward and scratched Charmander across its face, Leon was late to respond so Y/n took the opening. "Now kick dirt in its eyes!" Scorbunny planted its foot into the ground and used the other one to scoop up dirt and kick it directly at Charmanders eyes. "Ok sprint back to me before Charmander attacks" as Y/n said this Leon was done being pushed around by his younger sibling "Charmander use ember!"

Leon may have had his Charmander for a while but that doesn't mean he trained it, not to mention he never paid attention in trainer school. So he wasn't well informed about type advantages.

Charmander inhaled and sent a small but powerful ball of fire towards Scorbunny. "Uh....Scorbunny duck!" Commanded Y/n, but she had reacted too slowly. The ember attack hit Scorbunny right in its chest, Scorbunny was knocked down but ember hardly did any damage seeing as it wasn't very effective.