Chapter 16 |:| Badge two

HE IS SO FINEEEEE

Also WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME THAT IT WAS "Piers" INSTEAD OF "Pierce"??? I HAVE BEEN CALLING HIM BY THE WRONG NAME FOR LIKE, THREE CHAPTERS.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n pov

I flopped down on the soft grass and tried to catch my breath.

"That" *pant* "was really hard" *pant* i wheezed.

Raihan, who was on the ground dying beside me, agreed "Yeah" *pant* "...ughh i feel sick...." He groaned.

We had just finished our training session with our pokemon. It was actually very productive, however, me and Raihan were thoroughly drained.

Sitting up and looking at him, i watched as his cheeks puffed up, and he lurched to the side as he hurled his lunch all over the grass.

"I knew it! Youre still stick!"

"eugh"

"You should go back to nurse joy!" I fussed.

"Yeah? Well maybe YOU should go back. I saw the way you were clutching your side, you should be more careful with your stitches!" He countered.

"....i hate it when you're right" i muttered, looking away from him and focusing on my (very tired) pokemon.

Eevee was sprawled out on the grass, panting. Raboot was leaned up against a nearby tree, and although it was trying to hide it, it was out of breath too.

Dratini however waiting eagerly beside me.

"How are you not tired??" I questioned.

Dratini blinked at me innocently.

"Dragon types are super tough Y/n, it'll take more than a jog and some battles to wear it down" Explained Raihan in his know-it-all
voice. It was a voice Leon often used.

"Y'know, if i had to guess, i would say that you had a younger sibling" i mused.

Raihan looked at me with shock...and...guilt?

"How did you come to that conclusion?" He laughed uncomfortably, looking sadly at the ground.

"Oh? Was i right? Its just that, sometimes you talk to me the way that Leon talks to me, so i just figured that...." I trailed off, looking at how upset Raihan looked.

After a moment of silence, I apologized. "Sorry...i didnt know that you werent comfortable talking about family" i said, scratching the back of my neck nervously.

"No no, its not that, its just....gah i feel bad. When i came to that train station and met with you and Lee, i had actually left my little sister and my mom after a fight." He admitted.

"Oh...thats too bad. How old is your sister?"

"Heh, she's about eleven now...and shes a real fighter. I think shes kicked me in the leg about two hundred times" he laughed fondly.

"Ohhh yeah I totally understand, Hop is that age too...Wouldnt it be so cute if they became friends?" I said, trying to lighten the mood.

Raihan instantly lightened up, "that would be awesome!" He grinned.

We continued to laugh at how they just so happened to share a lot of similar interests, and how they might form an alliance against us one day. But eventually, it was time to go rest our pokemon.

...and then take on Nessa.

Thats right, today is the day. As beautiful as Hulbury is, we arent here to sightsee, and both me and Raihan have decided that we need to get our badges, and get going to look for Leon. Its time.