44- Bad tidings

I hum a breath as my eyes gradually opens.

Alex isn't in bed.

I frown confusingly. It's weird now because he doesn't get up until I'm up. So why isn't he in bed?

Or did he already leave for the company? But he would have told me, it's not like him to just vanish.

I shoot up from the bed when I hear the cacophony coming from downstairs. Is that a woman I hear yelling?

Still naked I get out of bed, grab my nightie from the closet and stalk out the room curiously. Who could that be, as I jog down the stairs I hear Alex.

"Stop yelling for Christ sake" his voice in between a yell and gritting of his teeth.

Once I walk into them. I freeze.

I recognize the redhead instantly, her glaring eyes darts to my awestruck ones. 

"You!" June screams "you fucking bitch!".

What in the world is she doing here? She's not meant to be back for months. So why is she back now?

My eyes widen slightly as she takes a step towards me.

Alex stops her, gripping her arms and firmly holding her in place "June, you better stop this. Now". Emphasis on the now.

She scoffs a laugh, glaring up at him "Oh right, she's the new one. You replaced me already?"

Alex shuts his eyes briefly,seething "I didn't do anything, June. Stop behaving irrationally".

She gawks at him, slapping at his arms and shoving out of his grip "Really?" She points one accusing finger at him "I leave you for two months Alex! And you bring some" she eyes me briefly before returning her glare on him "cheap bitch".

Excuse you? I frown, anger boiling in me. How dare she? This might be a very unpleasant situation but she has no fucking right to insult me.

The only reason I don't say anything is because her anger is justified. Also, I don't really have a say in the matter, she is his girlfriend anyway.

What am I still doing here anyway? I better leave before it's more heated or she passes more snarky comments my way.

But what is she doing here?

Alex clenches his fists and glares back "I don't like those insults, behave yourself June".

I look at Alex. Even if He and June are in a glaring contest, even if the situation is rough, I can't help but notice him standing up for me. I don't know if it's hope that steers in my chest but I'm sure feeling less overwhelmed.

But it hits me with a wave of disappointment as reality washes over me.

No matter what goes down, I know I'm going away. I know I'm leaving Alex. There's no way I stand much of a chance in this. June's back. My work here is done, it's been done for some weeks now.

I feel my heart shatter as I remember my confession to him last night. How did it go from last night to this morning. I can't bear to leave Alex, but I can't do anything about it. Alex doesn't even see me the way I see him, he didn't respond to me last night. It's obvious that he still has June in heart.

June sharply looks at me "Get your stuffs and get the hell out!!".

I glare at her for a moment. Then look back at Alex,he runs his hands through his hair in frustration. I can't believe that this is it. This isn't how I planned to part with him, in fact I never had that plan.

I swirl and stomp my way up the stairs and into the room. Rushing to the closet I swing the doors open, pull my box out, unzip it and start to throw my stuffs in it. I'm so furious.

Furious at that red bitch down there and furious that I'm leaving Alex in such circumstances. Furious that I'll have to leave with my already broken heart. Tears sting the corner of my eyes but I suck it in and furiously dump my belongings in the box.

"Keila" Alex says once he walk in.

"Don't bother" I spit out not throwing much as a glance his way. I just busy myself with my belongings.

He let's out an exasperated sigh "Keila. I'm sorry about this. I had no idea she'd be here".

I stop, finally turning to look at him, my brows creasing questiongly "Why is she even here?".

He looks away, hands coming up to rest at his waist sides, his expression slightly upset. He doesn't respond immediately and I'm watching him curiously.

He finally answers "Pictures" he gazes at me now "There are pictures of us at the club from last night. It's everywhere".

Oh my God!

                                        &
Sorry this chapter is short! Will make it up to you.
Next chapter 'Midnight Decisions'.