9-Preparations(edited September 16)

Monday 9:11am

A week preparation went by in a blur and well it wasn't easy but I am doing fine. It's just, Eiko kept reminding me that I was going to be close to Alex.

Alex had come by the office after accepting the offer, they were having a private meeting, demo of the projects commencement.

Eiko barges into my office, startling me "Guess who's here".

I smile " I know you mean Alex".

She frowns "I don't know but you don't seem excited about him anymore".

I goggle at her "Are you kidding me? I'm thrilled, it's just, maybe I'm a bit relaxed because I'm going to be, you know, married to him".

Her face breaks into a grin "You know I envy you right now".

I chuckle "I would if you were in my shoes".

She turns to leave "Gotta get back to work, probably suck in his sight when I see him".

Eiko. Such a darling.

                                                  Tuesday 2:22pm

"I'm a nervous wreck!" I gush out to them. We are seated in the eatery. Lunch Break period.

"Has he contacted you?" Chris asks sipping his coffee.

"No" I bite my lower lip "Maybe he's having second thoughts?".

"No way" Eiko says from beside me "He's a busy man, give him time to make arrangements. It's not easy to hide a wife".

"Makes sense" Levi says.

Deep down I feel so guilty, is Levi hurt? Is he trying so hard to hide it?

I huff out a breath "I guess".

                                          Wednesday 6:30pm

"Come on Mum! It's not that I don't care how you feel, it's just I don't want you to make me think too much of it!". I place my fists to my waist "if I think too much, I'll expect a lot".

"Why even do it?" She asks.

"It's a once in a life time opportunity! Of course I want it!".

"Well that's just unwise" She retorts.

I exhale "You really won't support me will you?". I stare at her for as long as it is before she replies.

"Keila" she let's out a breath "I wish this was a different situation" she looks at me "I can't tell you how to live your live, but I can show you how and I don't like that you're like a loose end".

"I'm not! Why are you so full of negativity? Can't you think anything positive?". I pause "Just nevermind, it's fine".

I walk out of her room into Vanellope's, calming down "Hey Kid, I'm out".

She smiles "You know she's just worried right?".

I exhale "Yea, well, a little support wouldn't hurt".

"Then I'll like to say that it's sooo cool that you get to be with like a famous person". She giggles.

I laugh "Thanks" I squint "How's Flynn?".

"Flynn who?" She scoffs.

"O..kayy" I lean against the door "my big sister instincts is telling me something".

She glances up at me "It's just he's never going to notice me, so I need to stop keeping my head in the cloud".

"Heyyy" I coo "don't be hard on yourself, you never know, he might notice you, take me for example" I wink at her when she looks up.

She grins "Ah, you're feeling inspirational".

I chuckle "It's worth a shot" I blow her a kiss "Later Vee".

"Sure. Come back very soon".

"Yea".

                                               Thursday 2:19pm

I sip my smoothie, we're in the eatery, listening to Chris tell us something he calls interesting.

"-the intensity in her eyes made me feel she does do black magic and besides who lives with so many cats! I think I'm going to move out".

Eiko shakes her head "So you think your neighbour does witchcraft because she has cats and she looks at you wierdly?"

"Yes, that's enough reason to totally freak out". He retorts.

Eiko sighs "You have it Chris, you have it bad".

"Come on man, you must have done something to piss her off, she goes from nice to that, think, you must have triggered it". Levi chips in.

Chris stares into space for a while "Well there was this one time I kicked her cat-".

"-really Chris?" I ask squinting.

"It was licking my feet, it could be contaminated".

"It's probably just fond of you and wanted to welcome you home, you silly ape!" Eiko snaps at him "Go apologize to Mrs Benson when you get home, again, properly".

Chris rolls his eyes at her.

My phone dings and the screen lits up beside me, I pick it up immediately I see who texts me.

"Is it Alex?" Eiko asks.

I nod "Yup".

Alex Hunter😩

Sorry for the delay, I'm just working things out, I'll be over tomorrow. We have to review everything together and finalize things. Have a nice day.

I look up at their waiting faces "Well, he's coming over tomorrow to finalize things".

"Keila" Eiko places a hand over mind "did I ever tell you that my bed is infested with bed bugs. I'd appreciate if I can sleep over tomorrow" she battes her lashes at me.

Levi chuckles "that's strange, so you can sleep on the bed today but not tomorrow?".

Eiko flips him off, as we laugh a little and she faces me "Can I?".

"Eiko, I don't think he'd want that, did you forget the part I said we are private?".

"I know but-".

My phone dings and I pick it up and stare at another text from Alex. I giggle when I read the content.

"What?" Eiko asks.

I turn the phone over, the screen facing her.

Alex Hunter😩

Please no guests.

Eiko frowns "Not fair".

"What does it say?" Chris asks.

I giggle again "He said no guests".

Chris chuckles and looks at Eiko "That must hurt, doesn't it?".

"Yea, whatever" Eiko replies.

It's the beginning of a wild ride and even if I've been waiting for the turn out, I still don't feel confident about this.

Maybe because deep down I know Mum, Donald and Levi are right.

                                         &