42- Clubbing

Friday night next week after work and I'm sitting at the back of Alex's black Buggati La Voiture, with Alex. I didn't even know he had it,he just parked it in his garage and only brought it out now. My knees went weak and nearly buckled when David pulled it out of the garage. It's more fantastic than the Rolls Royce's he rides daily. Yes. Plural.

Alex only laughed at my expression.

What is happening this night? You might wonder. I readjusted the new face cap Alex got me. In fact, he was also in one.

He settled on taking us to a club, which is fine. The butterflies in my stomach made me feel otherwise. Keeping a low profile is exhausting and nerving, especially when you've never gone MIA before.

I let out a shaky breath and run my sweaty hands down my gown. I just had to not draw attention and have a great time with the man I love.

"Chill okay?" Alex chuckles and takes my hand in his "Just don't focus on the people, we'll try not to blow our cover".

I also need to be as cool as Alex is,it'll do me a lot of good.

I sigh and put on the best smile I could muster at the moment "I hear you".

"Gomez will be there to comfort you too,and ensure we don't make a mess" he winks and somehow it's unnerving.

I smile genuinely this time at his trial to soothe my knotted belly "Maybe, but I have you already".

He squeezes my hand.

"So, he'll be meeting us there?".

Alex nods "Yeah. That's if he isn't there already. Gomez adores the club".

I giggle "No surprise there".

We fall into a comfortable silence as David drives us to our destination. Truthfully I'm happy to escape the house with him. A memory with him that isn't in his house.

Five minutes later and David pulls to a halt at the driveway, from inside the car I can see the stream of people, the bright, nearly blinding light and the big attractive building.

David makes to get out and hold the door open for us but Alex rests a hand on his shoulder.

"No need. I'll call you once we want to leave" Alex says to David "You don't have to sit around, just find something doing".

"Yes Sir". David replies.

Alex pulls the handle of the door and pushes the door open, stepping out and tugging at our still entwined hands as I scoot over and step out. Our heads slightly bowed, I shut the door and Alex strides over to the big round man standing at the side of the entrance ushering people in. The bouncer is huge.

I glance back tentively, unsure of what or who I'm looking for, but I notice that David is gone.

As we reach the bouncer Alex lifts his head enough for the bouncer to get a good look of his face.

"Oh!" the man's thick voice exclaims. I feel him glance at me but I do not look up at him.

"Good Evening Mr -". He starts.

Alex stops him with a shake of his head then asks "Is Gomez here?".

I feel people staring. I bet they're thinking 'who are these people?' 'they look creepy or suspicious'. I sigh inwardly. They had no idea who the man holding my hand protectively is, if they did, I wouldn't survive the uproar.

"Yes Sir" the round man nods towards the entrance "Got here a while ago" the man finally smiles warmly "nice to see you Sir".

Alex nods and advances the entrance,I follow, smiling widely. It feels like royalty, which it is actually, but for me it feels exciting. From the response of the bouncer,Alex and Gomez must frequent here. If it was just me and Eiko we'd be at the back of the line.