49- Keeping it or not?

I'm shocked, rooted to my sitting spot as I gawk at her.

What did I just hear? It's impossible! I can't be pregnant! Oh no,oh no.

"Pregnant?!" I nearly yell.

"Shh" she says gesturing to me to take deep breaths "I haven't told your mom, yet. I wanted to break the news to you first".

I'm glad she hasn't told my mum but I'm trying to understand why the hell I'm pregnant.

She squints closely at me but I'm more focused on the space in front of me as I think harshly to why I'm pregnant.

"You don't remember who you slept with?" She asks.

"I do" I spit out and run my hands furiously through my hair. What a mess! I took the pills Eiko gave me,so why -. I pause and swallow hard.

I don't think I took them the night we got back from the club.

My expression falls into a heartbreaking realization. I did not take it that night. I must have taken lots of drinks to make me do that. In fact I did take a lot of drink.

"Shit" I curse as I get off the bed and run my hands irritatingly in my hair. What am I getting into! More mess. I'm so done for. I'm ruined! Why?! What  sort of careless, stupid mistake did I make this time!

"Keila calm down" Hannah says softly.

I shake my head in disbelief "I can't" I breathe out "what am I going to do?".

One. I can't tell Alex about this. It's my mistake. As always. Two. I wonder how my mum is going to react when she hears this. Three. What am I going to do with a kid! I'm not ready for a kid. How do I even begin to train him.

I just want to cry. I'm so miserable. I can't do anything right! So full of mistakes.

"Don't beat yourself up" Hannah says.

"Please" I snap and take calming breaths "don't try to soothe this by lying to me or making the matter less complicated than it it".

She keeps shut and I keep pacing. How did you forget Keila! What were you thinking! How are you going to handle this!

"What's going on?" Mum asks from the door threshold and then quickly rushes to me "Keila, honey, how are you?"

I suck up my sob and smile encouragingly at her "Fine" I say then clear my throat "I'm great mum".

Too late. She can see the fear and sadness in my eyes before I'm able to mask it.

"What's wrong?" She gazes at me pointedly.

I open my mouth to make an excuse but she interrupts.

"The truth".

I glance at Hannah and start to blink back already breaking out tears. I look down and bite down on my lower lip.

"I'm pregnant Mum" I whisper and wait for the repercussion.

"I knew it" she breathes out.

I blink rapidly. Wait, no yelling?

"What?" I ask dumbfounded.

She smiles a little at me "I suspected immediately you opened that door for me and then you threw up and fainted but I needed to be sure, that's why I called Hannah". She nods over at Hannah.

"You knew?" My brows crease "how?".

She smiles widely now "For starters, I know what it's like to be and look pregnant. Then again you just have the whole physical indication".

How is she not scolding me now?

"You're not mad?" I ask.

"I'm not mad but I'm not happy but I won't crucify you" she sighs then glances at my belly "It's Alex's isn't it?".

I nod slowly.

"Are you going to tell him?" She ask again.

"No" I answer quickly.

"Why?" She frowns confounded.

"I just" I shrug "I don't want to be that lady that dumps stuff and besides mum, it's my fault".

She cranks her neck to the side "It's your fault that you both slept together?" She put emphasis on the both.

I shake my head "Not that. I didn't take precaution".

"If you're going to keep the child" Hannah starts and wins our attention "I must commend you and tell you that if you can't handle a kid, we have couple's out there looking for kids. Once you give birth we can find a family to hand it to" her eyes accesses me then my mum "if you're okay with it".

Mum looks at me "what do you think?".

As much as I don't want a kid...giving it up hurts too. He's going to be a physical reminder of what Alex and I were. Do I want to give that up?
Also, what if I regret giving it up later.
Then again. Am I ready for a kid?

I swallow then say "I'll think about it".

Hannah nods then smiles "Great choice" she looks at my mum "I'll be leaving now Grace".

Mum nods "I'll see you out".

They swim out my room and I sink down on the bed.

Pregnant. For Alex. My feelings are jumbled. I'm happy and scared and worried.

I can't tell him about this child. He can't know. Instinctively, I place my hands on my stomach. It might be better off with other parents because I doubt I'll be concentrated on rasing a kid with everything going on.

I quickly pick up my phone from the side of my bed. I text Eiko.

Eiko😋

Eiko! You're not going to believe what I just found out!

What?!

I'm pregnant!

What sort of joke is that, Keila!😲

I'm not joking! I really am pregnant! For Alex.

How?! I gave you pills!

I forgot to take them the last time we slept together 😟

O my God.

Nothing again for a moment. Then.

What are you going to do? Your mum will probably kill you now. Just wringe your neck and hang you out to dry!

Eiko! No she won't. She knows, she was here.

Oh. So how did she kill you? With motherly love?🤗

😊 Shockingly. Yes. But I don't know if I'm supposed to keep it.

Hold up! Where's the part you tell Alex?

There's no part like that. I'm going to deal with it on my own.

Keila!

Please Eiko. Are you with me?😟

😫Aii. What's on your mind?

Hehe. So. Do I keep it or give it to couples?

It's going to be a tough decision but I'm taking the sensible one. No more crappy mistakes.

                                           &

Okay everyone. We are almost done.
Three more chapters to go. Bless the Lord😇.