40- Aftermath

Friday 8:05 am

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday pass by too quickly for me. After Alex comes home from confronting Derrick,  I tune the news and sure as hell his arrest is all over the screen, as well as me, the victim. Seeing the cops forcing him to duck into their car washes a secure feeling over me.

He's behind bars. The streets should be safe.

Alex's care and support helps my recovery. I took lots of milk and ate vegetables as much as possible but not always and fruits too. All the times I stayed home, I never woke up without Alex beside me. He cuddled me at night and pecked me in the morning.

That's why the thought of feigning to be seriously weak today crosses my mind, sadly though, Alex has a meeting he can't miss, so I tell him I can try work today. I mean what's the use of staying here when he wasn't around?

Mirabel and Peter would have been nice company, especially Mirabel. She eagerly tended to me too, assisting Alex the little way she could outside the Kitchen. Peter came around sometimes to check up on me and one time when Alex went out to pick up a few things, He, Mirabel and I had a hearty discussion.

The good thing of going back to work was meeting with my favourite people. Eiko, Chris, Donald and Levi sent me constant text. Everytime, everyday. I don't even know if it was a competition because they were frequent and touching.

Mum and Vanellope called me too. Mum was ranting in fury when she saw the news. She really hates Derrick right now, but she was mostly worried and chided me for not saying anything earlier. All the same, she was happy that I was fine and she asked me to thank Alex. Vanellope did her part of being my kid sis and making my ordeal a thrilling movie. That's okay anyway.

Right now I was standing in front of Mr Willer in his office. As soon as I got to my office after receiving lots of curious stares and few welcome back greetings, an excited Stacy walks in, welcomes me and tells me that Mr Willer asked to see me.

"How have you been?" Mr Willer asks under his scrutinizing gaze.

"I'm fine Sir. I deeply apologize for not telling you about my condition".

He shakes his head quickly, dismissively waving a hand "There's no need to apologize. The good thing is that you are well and healthy. That's all that matters".

**
                                                                    6:03pm

As soon as work ends Chirs, Eiko and Levi fills into my office.

I beam up at them as Eiko sprints across the room with her arms spread wide and engulfs me in a tight hug.

"I'm so glad you're alright" she gushes out when she pulls away, gripping my arms "Look at you, so fine and totally the talk of the world right now".

I giggle.

Chris sighs but a smile sticks "Do you know what you did to us? Really though, it was scary".

"We all thought the worse after our calls and Eiko's texts went unanswered. So I believe I speak for the group when I say. It's a pleasure to have you back" Levi says then adds a wink.

My brows crease with affection "Thanks guys, the calls, texts. Thanks".

"On this note I'll like to remind us that Donald requests our presence at his place. Asap. So let's go" Eiko says ushering us out of my office.

I missed Donald so much. Can't wait to see him.

**

Donald wraps me in a bear hug and lifts me a little after swinging his door open. If his hug didn't show me how much he missed me, I don't know what will.

I was laughing hard as he carried me inside and finally let go of me.

"Gosh, how are you" he cups my face tenderly "you look great though".

I give him a cheeky grin "I try. You look just as great" I place my hands on his "I missed you so much".

"You have no idea" he slings an arm over my shoulder "you have to tell us what happened" he frowned slightly "Why did that jackass attack you anyway?".

I'm about to tell them the real reason until I remember they don't know about that part. So I say the next thing that comes to my mind.

"I don't know" I shrug "It's confusing and Alex is looking into it but for now. I'm at sea". I say as convincingly as I can.

Chris frowns slightly "That prick is weird".

"Must be a big blow to Alex" Eiko says with a sad sigh.

"What really went on? One minute you're with us and the next you're being attacked". Levi asks with his brows knotted questiongly.

Donald tugs me to an empty sofa and we sink into it.

"Well um" I sigh "After you guys left" I gesture a finger between Chris and Levi "Eiko and I chatted a little and then I started going back home. There's a quiet street I pass everyday and that's when I heard the pop in my tire and then two masked men come out of nowhere with one of them pointing a fucking gun to my head".

"Intense shit" Chris adds with a little shake of his head.

"I know right" I stare at my hands placed on my thighs "It was terrifying but I didn't try anything stupid, but even at that, the stupid fuck up hit me in the head with his gun".

"Ouch" Levi whispers.

"Hit you?" Donald frowns "The fucking retard!"

Nudging him playfully I say "Alex came to my rescue, and now look at me. I'm great now".

"You guys are like inseparable now" he gives me a small smile "not what I expected but better".

I giggle "Look guys. I don't want to dwell on it, okay?" My eyes addressing all of them "it was an awful incident with a terrific upside and I'm not badly hurt anymore. So let's dump the sadness and focus on something bright".

"I'm with you!" Eiko says beaming.

"Works for me. Since Derrick is behind bars. I don't see the need of going over it" Levi says.

"Okay. So what do we talk about". Donald agrees.

"So Levi, how was your outing with Stacy". I ask watching him.

Eiko and Chris immediately makes weird, funny sounds. It's a laugh and a chant but it makes Levi laugh and keeps Donald and I in the dark.

I chuckle "What's wrong".

"Stacy and Levi did the deed" Eiko starts "but first" she looks at Chris "details please".

Jeez! The lovely friends I have anyway.

                                          &