chapter 12

Since it's Sunday and I have nothing better to do, I'll give you another chapter. You all seemed pretty happy that I updated yesterday. So here you go
---------------

Harumi starred at herself in the mirror. The dress the oni had given her was pretty, but the color was not much to her liking. Sure, the oni liked the darkness, but purple just wasn't her color. She managed though.

The dress started with a deep purple color at her neck, turning black at the height of her waist, almost reaching the ground. To be precise, it ended at her ankles. The V-neck gave slight access to look at her breasts. Her sleeves looked like black spiderwebs. Small holes all over, the sleeve itself ended at her wrist. She figured that the dress was made to match the crown, but no she had no place to put the hairpin. The crown was in the way.

She looked back at her jacket. The pieces of the realm crystal still hidden inside. How was she supposed to carry them with her? If Lloyd found them then he would either think she stole them from the ninja or brought them to complete it. So instead, she left them in the jacket and hid the hairpin underneath her clothes. Hopefully no one would see it under the dress.

She could only hope the ninja understood. Next thing she had to do was to gain more of Lloyd's trust. If she moved to fast, he would probably get suspicious. And then what? Harumi didn't even know what to do now. Acting around people wasn't hard; she had done it for years. Playing the good, obedient little girl until her moment finally came.

She didn't have years now though. If she waited to long, who knows what will happen to Ninjago. How much time did she even have? And how was she supposed to communicate with the ninja properly? They could hear her, but she couldn't hear them. If only she had asked about that.

Harumi felt lost. Even if she completed the realm crystal, she had to get close enough to him and catch him off guard. Along with that they had to be alone, preferably outside the castle. Not too hard though, she could just ask him to join her on a walk.

The new queen nodded to herself, that was a plan. A knock sounded on the door and Harumi nearly jumped out of her skin.

"Are you almost done in there?" that was Lloyd.

Harumi let go of the breath she was holding. Adjusting her hair one last time, she walked over to the door. Her black heels left noises on the floor. When she opened the door, purple eyes looked back into hers.

Lloyds arms were crossed over his chest as he took in the new look of the girl. He nodded to himself, yes it fitted perfectly. Harumi stepped out of the room, closing the door behind her. She had noticed that there was only one large bed in the room. Big enough for two people. So she would probably sleep in one room with the other.

Her cheeks heated up at the thought. She had never really shared a bed with someone else. Sure, at the bounty she was closer to the others, but in the palace, there was so much more space.

"C'mon" Lloyd offered her an arm, which she gladly accepted. By the way he was acting she didn't know if he was really evil now. He was so kind to her all the time. By now he hadn't even done anything that proved him to be evil at all. Sure, he had burned Morro's arm, but other than that? He seemed more or less normal. Accept for his appearance.

"Where are we going?" she asked, looking up at the shining purple eyes.

"First we're going to eat something, then I'll show you around the castle" he answered.

Harumi froze a bit at that. Eating? Did that mean he would just eat a person in front of him? Surely he didn't really care about the life of a human being anymore, right? She gulped.