chapter 15

At exactly 8am everyone gathered on the bridge of the bounty. The ninja stared at the drawing in front of them. They were more than just a little impressed. None of them had expected it to look this good or detailed.

What was in front of them was more than what they had expected. After more than 2 hours Morro had called all of them, saying he was finally finished with the map he was supposed to make. But when they entered the bridge, it wasn't like looking at a simple map.

It was like taking a look at one of the most detailed paintings they had ever seen. A modern Picasso.

Jay had been to a gallery once, with Nya. She wanted to see the paintings so badly and the blue ninja saw his chance on a date. Not like he had told her that he had seen it as one. Jay himself hadn't been very interested in the paintings. Or so he thought.

When he arrived with Nya, he had been impressed. It was weird at first. Usually, Jay was only interested in computers. But looking at the paintings he noticed how simple things as paint and drawing was creativity and technique just as much as a car.

Everything had its place and when you did one thing to early, it was ruined. And from that day on, it was Jay who insisted on going to the gallery whenever something new came.

"This is very detailed. How were you able to recreate it with such presession?" Zane asked.

The former ghost shrugged. "I just have a good memory."

"Even with good memory, making a map that detailed seems near impossible" Cole meant.

"Yeah, I don't know anyone that would be able to recreate it after seeing in only once. Well, beside Zane" Kai said.

"Indeed. Though I believe that it has to do with the memory games I taught you" Wu smiled.

"Memory games?" Jay raised an eyebrow.

And this was the first time they had actually seen Morro act uncomfortable. Embarrassed even. He scratched the back of his neck. "Yeah, maybe."

"Nu-uh, now you have to tell us" Jay grinned. This was way too funny to let it go. They finally had a chance to embarrass the wind master. And that chance would probably never come again.

"It's nothing worth talking about" Morro said, crossing his arms. But the blush on his cheeks told the ninja otherwise.

"No need to be shy about it. I found that time very nice" Wu chuckled.

The wind master glared at his sensei. Traitor, he thought. Giving the ninja something to annoy him. Something to embarrass him. But he would find something in return. Something that would make them shut up about it. But for now, he had no choice but to tell them

"Fine" he groaned. "A few weeks after I came to the monastery sensei taught me some tricks to remember stuff better. I was really bad with grammar and stuff. He would call them 'memory games'. I hated them" he grumbled.

"Not what I remember" the old sensei chirped.

Morro glared back. He was so not getting out of this one.

"You were excited for it every day. 'Learning something new during the day is worth getting up for' I believe were your words" Wu chuckled.

Another groan came when the ninja began laughing. He remembered how excited and innocent he sounded on those days. Yes, he had loved learning something new, but the others could seriously shut up about it.

"At least you got one of them to listen to you" Garmadon chuckled.

"Hey!" the four boys yelled, offended.