chapter 13

Hey everyone! Yeah I'm not dead. To be honest, I lost interest in Ninjago for a while. But I rewatched some of the seasons and now I'm into it again. So here I finally give you a new chapter. Hope you enjoys ;)

--------------------------------------------

A week has passed by now and Harumi regrated everything. Every choice she had made that led her to this point. It was her fault and she knew it well enough.

If only she had accepted things how they had happened. If she had accepted the death of her parents and moved on. She should've been grateful to have survived on that day, that the emperor and empress took her in when she had nowhere to go.

She should've known so much better. Now it was her that caused pain among the citizens of Ninjago. Because of her, the oni had the chance to return, and they did. Because of her, everything happened.

Kai had been right, she realized. It wasn't Lloyd's fault. It never was. In her desperation she took the first person she could, to blame the death of her parents. The person that had freed the serpentine in the first place.

But it wasn't his fault, Harumi knew that now. It didn't matter who freed the serpentine. What mattered was that he had tried to make it better. That he had tried to stop them. But she was blinded by her own rage.

"This is my fault" she whispered to herself.

She didn't lie when she told Lloyd she had tried. Tried to hate him, to blame him for everything. In the beginning she did, but in the end she lost, again. This person sitting on a throne and feeding of humans was not the boy she loved.

It was a creation of dark magic and oni blood. Not too long ago she would've loved to see that image, but now? Now she just wished she really could've helped him. Could've stopped it. But all she could do was bring the pieces of the crystal back together.

She had all of them in her possession and was honestly surprised that Lloyd had yet to notice this. Harumi had made up her mind days ago. She would help the ninja get their friend back and stop the oni.

But the fear she had was stronger than her will to help. She feared that, if Lloyd actually found out about this, she would be dead before she knew it. And the pieces would be buried somewhere. In different places, never to be found again.

But everyday she saw how Lloyd would look out of the window, eyes gleaming in delight when he thought about the ninja attacking and running into their doom. The blond girl didn't need to ask. She knew what he was thinking about. She had thought like that for a long time.

She couldn't take it anymore. Harumi has made her decision. Now she had to act on it. She knew how to do it, there was just one problem: the oni were always watching.

No matter she went, one of them was always around, circling the castle, inside and outside, to make sure no one got in unnoticed. But they were ninja, Harumi reminded herself. They wouldn't have a problem getting inside.

Everyone had told her what to do. How to make sure everything went smoothly. Contact the ninja, tell them when to come, put the crystal together (preferably when Lloyd was around to knock him out), get to the dark island (which she had never heard about) and give Lloyd his golden power back.

Then he would be able to defeat the oni and everything would be fine again. At least she hoped so.

Harumi sighed, sinking down further in the throne. It was Lloyd's yes, but she hadn't gotten her own yet. While her back rested on one of the armrests, her legs were thrown over the other. She rubbed her temples. Life was way to complicated when you lived with the ninja.