chapter 20

I apologize in advance because I suck at fighting scenes. It won't be long and probably not very interesting. But I had to write something. Anyways, enjoy the new chapter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Cole looked out of the temple. The oni were no longer in sight. Which meant they were somewhere in the forest, making their way towards them. It was only a matter of time now. And how much time they had, none of them really knew.

The sun was going down quickly. To quickly. The sun had already started setting when they arrived. He could only guess how much time they had left. It was also a reason, he thought, why the oni hadn't arrived yet. Sun was their weakness.

If Cole had to guess, they were waiting somewhere until the sun faded completely. Giving them an advantage. In the darkness they would be almost invisible. Maybe Zane could see them with his sensors. Being a nindroids and all.

But the rest of them were screwed. Minutes, maybe an hour. That's all they had left. And only one chance.

How is it going?" he asked, closing the door.

While he had been keeping an eye on the situation outside, the others were trying to figure out how to open a portal to another realm. Or to be more specific; Lloyd was trying to.

"Not that good" the blond said. "I just don't know what to focus on."

"None of us really do. Using our element always felt natural. But using a power you didn't have from the beginning? I really have no idea" Kai shrugged.

Right. None of them actually knew what to do here. Even if they have taught Lloyd how to use his original power, this was something he had to figure out on his own. Sadly.

"I knew how to use the realm crystal itself. It used to run on sunlight. But I don't think that this is the solution in this case" Morro meant.

The blond groaned, leaning against one of the stone pillars. Indeed. Sunlight was originally the way to activate the crystal. But he too doubted that he just had to stand in the sun in order to open a portal.

And if that was the case, then there was no way they would win. It was almost night, and they wouldn't survive until the morning. Almost ten hours of fighting? No way. Just no way.

"We have to find a way now, though. If they get here before you can open a portal, then......" Harumi didn't even want to finish her sentence.

Because they all knew she was right.

"What would even happen if they got here, and we can only fight back for so long? You can't use your powers forever" Jay said. He looked nervous already. Who could blame him?

"I don't really want to think about that" Nya grumbled.

"What do you want me to do? It's not like I can just flick my wrist and-" as the blond did just that, a portal opened beside him.

"Ah-eh...." He stuttered.

"Who would've thought that? You just gotta flick your wrist" Jay laughed.

"Okay, and how do you close it again?" Kai asked.

"I would rather like to know to which realm it leads" Zane said.

He walked closer to the portal, cautious as to when it would close again. None of them knew how it would react. Especially to touch.

"Zane, I don't think that's such a good idea" Lloyd said, trying to hold his brother back.