Undeserving

Tbh, this chapter is just a huge rant about how precious my baby cinnamon bun Adrien is.
And I am not complaining.
(Also, maybe the adrienette y'all have been waiting for...)

"Wait for Mr. Agreste for a while. He just told me he's uhh... A bit busy." Nathalie said.

"Okay," Marinette responded respectfully.

She, however, did not know what Mr. Agreste was doing that kept him, ahem, busy.

Let's enlighten our readers, shall we?

"Tikki! Stop pasting lewd photos on my cabin walls!"

"Why? Afraid of them being seen somewhere other than your personal 'work' drawer and your equally lewd imaginations?"

"I- THAT'S NOT WHAT HAPPENED!"

"YOU HAVE NO PROOF, CANDY CANE!"

"COME BACK HERE!"

And for the next half hour, Tikki had a hot-headed, red from rage and second-hand embarrassment Gabriel Agreste hot on her three-finned tail.

"My- *huff*- back- *huff*- achesssssss-" said Gabriel as he collapsed down, quite dramatically, dare I add, on his couch after successfully removing all the, aHEM, pictures.

Pretending that never happened, he put on his 'oh-so-professional-Mr.SwatMySonAcrossParis' face and went to talk to the girl who was so keen on meeting him.

*

"What is it that you want to speak about, Miss Dupain Cheng?" The stone-cold voice of Mr. Gabriel Agreste cut through the silence between a professional and an aspiring standing in the Agreste manor.

With Mr. Agreste standing on the top of the stairs and Marinette standing on the bottom.

Signifying the difference in their designing capacity and talent and modesty.

The latter quality being the other way around.

"I, uhh-"

"I do not have a lot of time on my schedule. So, if you have to say nothing of importance, I suppose I should be leaving now. I did not appreciate the company, thank you." He said icily as he began to take long, professional, composed strides towards the other side of the stairways.

"WAIT!" Marinette finally spoke.

The walking candy cane (as is indicated by the colour of his tie) froze and turned around, a sceptical look on his countenance.

Taking in a deep breath, Marinette faced the intimidating man bravely.

"As you are well aware, (or maybe you're not), its Adrien's birthday tomorrow. Me, along with all the other classmates of his, are organizing a surprise birthday party for him. Chloe's in it as well. We'll probably hold it at Le Grand Paris hotel. I need you to send him there since it is his party." Marinette finished and looked up at the expression Gabriel Agreste wore.

She immediately flinched.

"I am afraid you along with your little friends will have to cancel this party. I will not be allowing Adrien to go."

"But why!?" Marinette lost her composure for a second but immediately maintained it back.

"Because I am his father and I say so. Also, with the appearance of Darkbug, I don't think its safe outside anymore."

"Sir, with all due respect, Adrien is almost an adult now and besides, what would a little party do to him? We all just want to celebrate with him! He hardly ever gets enough time to spend with his friends! I don't think-"