Feelings

Heads up. This chapter's gonna include that phrase.

IT IS WHAT IT IS-

BUT-

LOWER YOUR WEAPONS-

AND YOUR PLANS TO KILL ME TOO-

YOU TOO, ARTEMIS-

AND WATERMELON-

KEEP 'EM DOWN-

ALL OF THEM, I SAID-

WHY YOU STILL HOLDING ON TO THAT GUN-

Now, hear me out-

I have a feeling hearing to 'Just a Friend™' won't be badly received this time.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

*

Adrien had never felt that way before.

He didn't know what came over him.

He didn't know why he felt that way either.

The only thing he did know was that he was very very angry.

Lila was kissing Marinette.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

His sweet and bubbly classmate.

His fists were unconsciously clenched and unbeknownst to him, his teeth were biting the inner walls of his mouth and a weird feeling of disgust and protectiveness swept him over in a blurry of emotions he could not quite comprehend. He had no idea why he felt this way. It was not like he actually had feelings for Marinette. Nor was the case that she was someone more special to him than the rest of his friends.

Wasn't she just his friend?

(Don't kill me yet. Read on.)

He supposed he would try to stop Lila if she went on kissing any other friend of his as well. The only difference, however, was that he wouldn't feel as angry as he was feeling now.

Again, he really didn't know why.

He was about to yank Lila's sausage-haired shameless fake little ass and slam it into the concrete, (the poor child knew he couldn't do it, so he settled for a slightly rough shove) but before he could even move, Lila was pushed behind, quite forcefully, by Marinette, who was wiping her lips and readying her hand to deliver a sharp blow to the brunette's face.

Slap.

Adrien wasn't a sadist.

He really wasn't.

Yet, that fierce slap gave him a sense of satisfaction.

His respect and admiration for the seemingly angelic girl that is Marinette Dupain-Cheng increased tenfold.

He almost thought, 'Go get her, girl! No one ain't gonna kiss you and walk away! HA! Serves her right!'

Or maybe he did actually think that.

Oh well.

His mental cheer-leading dance for Marinette ended when Lila disgustingly opened her mouth and whispered, "I did always like feisty ones."

That comment almost led to a full-blown row between the two girls. Marinette yelled at Lila, threatening her and with Lila ending it all by walking away.

Adrien couldn't even open his mouth.

He kept drowning in guilt.

He hated Lila for what she did, sure.