📘 Chapter 12 : Hello Barbara

Hello Barbara

Barbara Ryan breezed into the hotel lobby feeling like she’d taken a very important step to getting her life back after her trip to Sugar Heights only to run right into Henry Coleman.

“Barbara, we need to talk,” Henry said, falling into step beside her when she attempted to walk by him.

“Shouldn’t you be talking to your fiance Vienna?”

“Barbara,” Henry said. “It’s about...” he cleared his throat “my father. Or the fraud who is claiming to be James.”

Barbara glanced around to see if anyone heard but both staff and guests were engrossed in their own conversations. “Keep your voice down,” Barbara warned. :I knew it was a mistake to trust  you. I’ve got it covered so don’t worry about it. Go back to your life with Vienna and forget about me.”

“That’s going to be hard now that Mick Dante is living in your suite.”

“What?!” Barbara was dumbfounded.

“He convinced the staff that it was okay while you were away,” Henry explained. “I knew there is no way you approved and I tried to stop him but…”

“Well, I’m back now,” Barbara turned on her heel and headed straight for the elevators. When she entered her room, there were boxes, suitcases and scientific books everywhere.

Then she saw Mick lounging on the couch wearing a silk robe with a book open on his lap. The same kind of  robe that James used to wear. But oh how different he looked. Upon seeing her looming in the doorway, Mick put the book aside and stood the robe falling open revealing a physique James, while very handsome, never possessed.

“Hello, Barbara,” Mick said and a familiar chill ran down her spine. The tiny hairs on the back of her neck stood on end. She tried to fight the sense of deja vu. He sounded like  James and the same fears welled up inside of her from being in his presence. She had the same desire to run. But then Mick said something James would never say. “I’m glad you’re back, I missed you.”

***

Cast:

Barbara Ryan played by Colleen Zenk

Henry Coleman played by Trent Dawson

Mick Dante played by Tom Pelphrey

Written by 🌸 Blossom

#FanFicSaturday