Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

The next morning Cole woke up after only having a few hours’ sleep and groaned. He really didn’t feel up to going to school today but he wouldn’t miss the chance of seeing his mate. He had felt restless all night because his wolf needed to see her and make sure she was ok. He knew the hunters wouldn't have any idea that she was his mate, but it still didn't stop him from worrying about her.

After getting out of bed and showering, he got dressed in a blue button up short sleeve shirt and slipped on his jeans. He made his way to AJ's room like he does every school morning and started banging on the door.

“AJ get up!” He yelled through the door.

After banging a few more times he finally heard his brother groan. “I’m not going today”

Cole reached for the door handle and tested to see if it was unlocked when it turned in his hand he opened the door and barged into the room.

“Why the hell not?” He yelled

“Dude get the hell out of my room!” AJ yelled at him.

It was then that Cole realised that AJ was not alone.

Laying on the other side of his double bed was Rose, Cole would have thought they had done more than sleep last night but he then noticed a third head in the bed laying in between them.

Danny’s head lifted off the pillow and turned to look at Cole “Are you going to school?” he asked Cole softly.

“Yep, some of us like to go” He said shooting AJ a glare.

“You’re lucky.” Danny said as he sat up in the bed “I miss going to school.”

Cole looked over at Rose who had woken up also, she was looking at her brother with a guilty look on her face.

“How long has it been since you have gone?” Cole asked him.

Danny shrugged “I don’t know, a while.”

“Well if you and your sister decide to stay here you will be able to go to school again.” Cole tells the young boy, whose eyes lit up as soon as Cole mentioned that he could go to school. He looked over at Rose again to find her glaring at him.

“What?” He asked her “You might enjoy living like a feral but I’m sure your brother would like to be back with civilization.”

AJ growled at Cole “Oh don’t you growl at me.” Cole said glaring at his brother “You bloody well agree with me that she should stop being a rouge and join our pack.” Cole stormed out of the room making sure to slam the door behind him, and headed down stairs.

“Cole sweetie are you alright?” He heard his mother say just as he stepped off the last step.

“Yeah I’m fine.” He grumbled.

Chloe walked up to her son and wrapped her arms around him giving him a big hug.

“You look so much like your Uncle Cole did.” She said as she pulled away smiling at him “He would have loved you both so much.”

Cole smiled down at his mother, “I know mum, you tell me that all the time.”

“Well that’s because it’s true.” She sniffed and wiped away the single tear that escaped her eye.

“Are you ok mum?” Cole asked worried about his mother.

“I’m fine, just a little sad that my babies have all grown up.”

Cole looked at his mother and tried to figure out if she was lying or not, he could sense something wrong but what that was he wasn’t sure.

“Ok mum” He said kissing her on the head. “What times Grandma and Grandpa getting here today?”