Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Cole walked in to the library and made his way to the back of the library where there was a couple of desk, he preferred to sit back there because it was quite and no one usually looked for him all the way back there.

He took the seat closes to him, pulled out his maths book, and started doing last night’s homework. He had been kicking himself when he got home last night and couldn’t find his maths book in his bag He has never been so stupid as to leave his homework in his locker before.

Cole valued good grades, his future may already be planned being the Beta of the Crystal Lake pack but that didn’t mean he didn’t have other dreams. His entire life he has grown up being trained on how to help his brother lead the pack and how to keep it safe. Cole didn’t mind having to do that but he really wanted to go to college and travel the world. When he is handed the position of  Beta for the Crystal Lake pack, he wont be able to follow his dreams, but he is secretly hoping that he will get a chance to follow his dreams before the role is handed to him.

Cole felt a hand being placed on his shoulder. He looked back and noticed Bree smiling down at him. Bree was a part of his pack, she hadn’t found her mate yet, and she was making good use of the time while she waited. In fact, Cole believed that she might have slept with more man than he had women and he had been through a few. “Hey Cole” She purred.

“Hey Bree” Cole said turning his attention back to his maths work.

Bree walks around and slides her butt on the desk so she is sitting there facing him, picking up Cole’s maths book she starts flicking through the pages.

“You haven’t been to visit me in my room in a while.” She says pouting her bottom lip.

“Yeah I know I’ve been busy.” he says as he reaches for his book only to have Bree hide it behind her back so he couldn’t reach it. “Come on Bree I really need to finish my homework before the bell.”

“Awww” She says pouting her lip again “Did we forget to do our homework?”

Cole starts rubbing his temple with his hand he was starting to lose his patience. “I don’t have time for your games Bree, just give me the dam book.” He says only just managing to hold back a growl. He was about to lose his temper when the smell of roses and vanilla hits his senses.

Cole turns his head in the direction of the smell but the bookshelves were in the way and blocked out the front of the library. Cole took a deep breath through his nose and noticed the scent was already fading.

The bell rings snapping Cole out of his daze he swings around and snatches his book from Bree “Great “ Cole says as he glares at Bree. “Because of you I didn’t get to finish it.” He let out a growl in frustration and stormed out of the library.

“Hey Cole, where’s the fire!” His best mate Zain said as he walked up behind him.

“Ha…… HA” Cole said sarcastically. “Thanks to Bree I didn’t get to finish my maths homework, why does she have to be so dam annoying all the time?” He asked Zain

“Hey I told you not to sleep with her, she’s like a stray cat, feed her once and she will just keep coming back for more.” Zain said

Cole snorted at him and slapped him on the back of his head “Why am I friends with you again?” He asked

“Because I’m awesome.” Zain answers

Cole stopped and looked at his best mate, he had short blond hair that he spiked up and blue eyes that always had a mischievous look to them. “Yeah Zain you’re Awesome, how is I had never seen that before?” He said sarcastically.