Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Thirty One

AJ paced inside his bedroom, he couldn’t believe that his brother had only been back a few minutes and he had managed to drive him away. He ran his hand through his black hair frustrated with himself at how he had acted towards his brother.

“AJ are you ok?” He paused in his step and looked back at his bedroom door to see his mother standing there.

“I’m fine mum” AJ said with a sigh “I just messed up with Cole is all”

“Want to talk about it?” She asked him as she slowly opened his door wide enough so she could entre his room.

AJ blew out a breath “Not really much to talk about, Cole needed my help and instead of going along with him I question him about his mate, I couldn’t leave well enough alone and now his mad at me. He stormed off to god knows where” He said throwing his hands in the air “He won’t answer me through the mind link, I think he has blocked me”

Chloe walked over to her son’s bed and sat down and then patted the spot beside her so AJ knew she wanted him to sit there. 

AJ did what his mother wanted and sat down beside her. “You need to remember that your brother is on edge at the moment. His mate has been taken by the hunters and they could be doing anything to her and there is nothing he can do to help her. She could even be dead for all we know. “ Chloe placed a hand on AJ’s arm and looked him in the eyes “Don’t take to heart what your brother says and does right now, he doesn't mean it”

“It’s not Cole I’m mad at mum, it’s me. He is my brother I should stand by him no matter what. Everything is just so messed up right now”

“Well maybe there is a way you can make it up to him”

“Yeah,”

“Your gran just called asking your father for volunteers, they need as many people as they can find to help storm the building they are keeping your brothers mate in”

AJ frowned “Cole is with grandma?”

“He is”

AJ scratched the back of his neck “I will see who I can find to help” He looked at his mother “Is dad going?”

AJ watched as anger entered his mother’s eyes “No he’s not, he feel he needs to stay here and take care of the pack”

AJ was unsure if his mother was angry because his dad wanted to go and she had to convince him not too or if she was mad because he didn’t want to go “Cole could use our help though, it has only been a couple of months since he had been seriously injured”

“I know” Chloe growled “I have tried to tell your father that but he refuses to change his mind. That’s why I have decided that I will go”

“What!” AJ growled. “You’re not going, it’s too dangerous” His overprotective instincts kicked in. There was no way AJ would let his mother go and risk her getting hurt.

Chloe looked AJ straight in the eyes “You will not stop me AJ, I am your mother and if I want to help my son get his mate back, then I will”

AJ sighed. “I’m sorry mum but you know how much Cole and I care for you, we will be so worried about keeping you safe that we will end up getting our selves hurt if you go”

“You will not guilt me into changing my mind AJ, as long as your father is not going I will be going” Chloe stood from her spot on the bed and made her way to AJ’s bedroom door.

“Mum please” he begged as he stood and followed her to the door. “We only want to keep you safe”

“And I only want to keep you all safe” She said not looking back at him. Chloe walked out of the door without giving AJ a second glance.