Silent Tears Chapter Ten

Silence overcame the kitchen instantly. If I wasn't so serious I would have laughed. No on talked, no one made a move, it seemed like they had even stopped breathing.

"W-w-what?" Rose finally got out, a bewildered expression dominating her face. I kind of understood where she was coming from. Never have I voluntarily brought my parents up or had willingly talked about them. I flinched from everything that brought back memories yet here I was, all of a suddenly, wanting to visit my parents resting place.

"I want to visit my parents' graves," I repeated, "today, now, I need to see them," I added on, hearing the note of desperation enter my voice. I suddenly ached to be near them. Wanted to be close to them.

"Please," I added since no one had yet answered me.

Dan suddenly, seemed to regain his voice. He cleared his throat a couple of times before replying though he still seemed surprised. "If you really want to go, sure. Just let me grab my keys," he told me causing me to start shaking my head automatically.

"No," I said making their confused expressions expand.

"What, you just..." Dan began before I cut him off.

"I want to go by myself," I informed them.

Again no one said anything and the silence grew as minutes ticked by.

"Sweetie, I'm not sure that.." Rose began and I cut her off also.

"You can't tell me I can't go see my parents," I told her anger rising in me.

"That's not what I meant," she rushed to assure me, "I just don't think you'll be safe by yourself. One of us will come with you. We'll stay in the car if that's what you prefer but someone has to accompany you."

"No, I want to go by myself." I repeated angrily. Why wouldn't she just leave me be.

Hearing my anger, Rose began to argue with me but before I can reply, Dan came to my defence, telling her that if that was what I wanted I should be allowed. I think he was just happy to see me coming out of the fung I have been in since I came and wanted to help me in whatever way. Rose did not seem to agree and the argument accelerated since suddenly, everyone was putting their opinion on whether or not I should be allowed to go visit my parents alone. I think that even little Derek said something.

Feeling aggravated and pissed that apparently everybody's opinion but mine mattered on what I could or could not do, I said, "You know what, just never mind, just forget I even asked you anything." My angry, cold voice shut everyone up. Rose opened her mouth wanting to talk, explain her reasoning, I guess, but I just turned around and went up to my room hading had enough. 

I locked my door and paced my room. How dare they prevent me from visiting my dead parents?

Rose, Dan, and the boys each came separately knocking on my doors wanting to talk to me but I told them I wanted to be alone.

As I paced my room, I suddenly figured out what I was going to do. No one was going to stop me from seeing my parents alone. If they weren't going to let me than I'll go on my own. They weren't my parents, I didn't have to do anything they said. And hey, they were the ones who decided to be my guardians. Well this was me, if I want something, I'm going to get. If they don't want to agree to my terms that was on them. 

I waited till everyone got to bed. While waiting I did the little homework that I remembered being given out and checked out the bus schedules from here to the cemetery. Finally, when they all went to sleep, I wrote a note telling them where I was going and not to bother me and put it on my bed. Hey, if someone woke up and found me missing I didn't want them calling tho police thinking I ran away. I grabbed some money, slipped on my hoody and the shoes that I had taken off earlier and quietly opened my door. I tip-toed down the hallway and down the stairs. When I reached the door I left, making sure to lock the door behind me. Time to go catch the bus.

Hey you guys! Sorry for the late update but wattpad is messed up on my phone and I rarely get on the computer. However, after talking to all of you who told me (and texted me, Sarah ;) that you were waiting for an update I wrote this. I know it's short but atleast it's good... or atleast I hope it is.

Tell me what ya think.

VOTE.

COMMENT.

FAN.

TELL OTHERS.

 Thanks to everyone who has been patient, I luv ya!