꧁Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1 - Tᴇʟᴍᴀʀ꧂

Katherine raced through the golden fields of barley with Raiden. From a distance they looked nothing more than a black and red blur charging through the grain. Not far behind the a beautiful chestnut stallion raced to catch up carrying a rider with a blue cloak.

As they reached the edge of the field Katherine tugged softly at Raiden's mane and he stopped quite quickly, rearing slightly. They turned around and waited for the rider to catch up. Finally the the rider caught up and threw back the royal blue cloak's hood.

Dana's face was slightly red and she panted wildly. Katherine herself also had been dusted red however, after years of training to one day take over the Narnian Army as General she had grown quite fit and did not tire out easily on Raiden's back. Katherine adjusted her red cloak as she took a breather.

"I find it quite unfair that I can never beat you in a race, I do believe you should give me a longer head start" Dana grumbled as she moved her horse closer to Raiden so she could look Katherine in the eyes.

Dana had long luscious black hair that flowed down to her mid-waist in a pool of raven. Her eyes were a light toffee-brown and her skin was like molten gold under the sun. Katherine's eyes danced with amusement as she replied.

"I hardly think it is my fault that I am a better rider, perhaps you should practice more often" Katherine joked with her. Dana rolled her eyes but smiled grudgingly.

"I do not doubt your skill however, I do think that your winnings is in part due to the fact that i have never heard of any horse that can match Raiden's speed." Dana complained.

"That is true, that is true, but look my friend, who comes towards us by the hill there?" Dana turned to follow Katherine's line of view and saw indeed another rider was drawing near and the two moved their horses towards the rider to shorten his journey.

The rider bore an orange tunic, the Telmarine flag color, and rode a dapple grey horse. Once he got closer we could see he was one of Malik's messengers. As he arrived he pulled out a scroll of parchment and cleared his throat.

"His Majesty, King Malik of Telmar,

requires of Princess Dana of Telmar and Ambassador Katherine of Narnia,

your immediate presence at Dover's Castle,

as to prepare for the banquet tonight to celebrate the King's 23rd birthday,

on this Day, January 29, in the name of the King."

He looked at the two imperiously before trotting off, Dana and Katherine shared an irritated look. This particular messenger always seemed to have it out for the two and in turn was the victim of many of their pranks.

Dana gestured to the man on the horse who was now further up the road. Yeah they shared a devilish look on their faces, as they both took off. They traveled at an equal pace and as they went past they sandwiched him between the two and then pushed ahead. As they looked behind they saw his tunic had crumpled and his uniformed hat was skew.

He shouted at them, raising his fist but they just laughed him off as they rode on, Katherine was reminded of the first day they had gone riding together, Dana had ridden her horse with a group of other young ladies who were appalled that Katherine rode her horse with one leg either side instead of two to the one side.

Dana however, had been so amazed at how fast Katherine could ride without reins or a saddle the very next day she had asked Katherine to teach her how to ride properly which the young girl had agreed to.

Now Dana was one of the best riders in Telmar and one of Katherine's best friends. She was sorely reminded of Susan who she hadn't seen since she had traveled back to Narnia from Qíngbào for Susan's birthday on the 1st December. She had given Susan silks from Comoară and a diamond brooch from Alwatan.