꧁Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8 - Nᴀʀɴɪᴀ꧂

Katherine was rolling the balls of her feet impatiently as she waited by the docks. For once it wasn't her leaving but someone visiting. At this close stage of Peter's birthday, royals from all over had been invited which was very different to how he had normally spent his birthdays with the Narnian nobility only. Katherine looked up to the man himself who was standing next to her with a regal expression. Edmund and Lucy were either side of them, Susan the only one missing.

For indeed Susan had travelled to Archenland on a royal visit as she doted on their young Prince Corin and indeed played a motherly role in his life. Susan would be joining them later closer to Peter's birthday and would be bringing Corin with him. So this then brings us to why three of Narnian's royalty and the General of Narnia were waiting by the harbour.

Then just coming into view at the distant horizon a ship's outline began to crawl towards them. Katherine who had been escorted from the carriage that had brought them there by Peter, was still holding on to his arm and squeezed Peter's bicep in excitement. Peter looked down at her and smiled softly as she tried to keep her expression neutral.

As the ship neared, an orange flag came into sight, fluttering wildly in the breeze of the sea. The ship seemed to be moving faster now that it was close and it charged forth majestically as the sea-spray framed its hull. It gave Katherine a bit of a longing sense, to travel again like she used to, but the familiar warmth and feel of Peter's arm grounded her and she found no matter how much she had enjoyed the travel, being next to Peter just felt right.

As the ship began to dock Peter could feel the woman next to him bouncing lightly on the balls of her feet, he smirked and internally shook his head at her. She was acting like a newborn cub and he didn't miss the gleam in her eyes as he gently removed his arm from her hold. She looked up to him in confusion but then as he squeezed her hand in reassurance her eyes widened into understanding and then gratitude and she picked up the skirts of her pastel green dress and ran towards the gangplank.

He watched as a woman rushed down the plank to meet her and could not help smiling broadly at the two and their reunion. Motioning to his siblings he walked with them to meet their guests.

Katherine had flung herself into Dana's arms when she had seen her and the two nearly wept at joy for being reunited again. Dana subtly wiped underneath her eyes as she pulled away from her friend.

"Oh Katherine, when I heard that you were resigning as Ambassador it was perfectly dreadful" she told her friend, "I was beginning to think I might never see you again"

Katherine laughed at her friend's dramatics, "What a joke I would be as a friend if I didn't visit, besides that was all nonsense you were thinking, of course I would see you again!"

Katherine turned to see the Pevensies nearing and she pulled away from Dana and fluffed out her skirt and turned so she could look at both parties.

"May I present High King Peter, King Edmund and Queen Lucy of Narnia to Princess Dana of Telmar and Your Majesties may I introduce you to her Royal Highness Princess Dana" she iterated to both groups.

Peter bowed and took Dana's hand in his as he looked up to her.

"It is an honour to finally meet you Your Highness" Peter told her and Dana responded with a curtsy.

"Your Majesty, the honour is mine"

Then Katherine looked up the gangplank to see Malik and Ervin looking slightly cross at the top. Dana turned as she heard the two walking down and she gave them a meek smile as the neared.

"My beloved sister, I do believe we discussed to all come down in one procession" Ervin spoke sternly and Dana looked between the two with a faux guilty expression.