꧁ Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16 - Nᴀʀɴɪᴀ ꧂

Cair Paravel was in an uproar once again. However this time it was not due to a Lady running away. In fact a month had already passed since Katherine had come back. Instead it was because in less than a week wedding bells would echo through the halls.

After another day of rest, Peter had finally returned to his paper work. But not before announcing a royal confirmation of his engagement to Katherine. It was a joyous celebration that had included a festival and all around Narnia it was being celebrated. Sir Fox, the fox Katherine had patched up on their journey who was later knighted, had travelled from the furthest part of Narnia. This was a post he had asked to be stationed at and he had not left it since the coronation. Upon his arrival Katherine was very pleased to see him again and they spoke scheduled a meeting to speak of border disputes.

The Beaver couple had also come up from Beaversdam along with their newborn daughter. They had been joined on their journey by Mr Tumnus who had also been making his way up after receiving the invitation to the celebrations. Katherine had greeted them all fondly and cradled the baby beaver as they had caught up with each other. Peter had also joined them for tea, although his now tight schedule had not given him much time.

Peter had pushed to have the wedding as soon as possible and due to this he now was constantly busy with meetings, paperwork and other affairs that had to be dealt with before the wedding could be held. Katherine was not much better. She was now completely into the role of General and her mornings and afternoons were filled with constant training with her army. New recruits had come in and on top of that a new war was brewing. In one of the conversations she had shared with Sir Fox he informed her of unrest from the Northern Giants. After they both reported this to Peter, it made everything all the more time sensitive.

They wanted to have the wedding before any real disruptors broke the peace. So with Katherine neck high in getting everyone ready for another war and Peter knee deep in paperwork it was hard enough to try and plan a wedding on their own. This was when Susan and Lucy stepped up to the task and Katherine was more than glad to let them. Susan had always had a keen eye for decoration and she knew her friend well so Katherine felt relieved at last that her day was in good hands. Edmund also was helping both her and Peter with extra paperwork. This was a lot on top of his usual council sessions as he was the Just.

Edmund was also a second in the army so he attended training with her. They had dispatched a small group of the army as scouts to send word of the movements of the Northern Giants army. Meanwhile the main unit was being prepared for immediate dispatch. A quarter of the unit would be left behind to hold fortress at Cair Paravel.

Then it was a matter of who would attend the wedding. Katherine had honestly always wanted a small wedding. She had never been one for big glamorous events and preferred a small meaningful ceremony with family. But the Pevensies were all she had in Narnia she could not remember having lived with anyone else before. She tried to push herself to remember past the coronation, past the Battle of Beruna, past the river, past the beavers, past a lamppost.

A lamppost? What on earth is that?

"Katie" a voice calls out to her. It's Peter's name for her but the voice sounds deeper, firmer, with a sense of loving but sternness, as a father would call for their child.

"Katie!" a sharp pang shot through her head as it called out again and again.

"Katie, Katie" she put her head between her hands as she tried to push through the pain.

"Katie" Someone was shaking her arm and she looked up to see Peter by her desk. He had a hand on her shoulder and was wearing a concerned look.

"Are you ok?"