꧁Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13 - Nᴀʀɴɪᴀ꧂

The hall was in uproar.

Chairs were being scraped and there were shouts between families and servants. A flurry of colors as servants of each royal family ran up the stairs splitting at the fork. Some to collect coats and others to prepare carriages.

Edmund by this time had already called the carriages and Lucy and him didn't bother to fetch their cloaks, instead going out into the increasingly chilly night, winter's bite was beginning to close in a lot earlier this year.

Lucy looked around to call Peter to go with them but the two found that the hall held no traces of their brother. Peter had already gone.

Peter had not waited for anyone else's reaction. He had given Darla a gentle pat on the shoulder and taken off to the stables. 

He could feel  the wind stinging as he ran and for a split second he thought of the tuxedo jacket he had left on the back of his chair. In just his waistcoat and a thin shirt underneath he could feel goosebumps rise up his arms.

But there was no time to think more on this. 

When he got to the stables he flung open the door so fast the sliding door came off his hinges with a bang.

The horses inside reared and Raiden let out a snort. Peter moved over to Raiden's stable.

"I need you to get me down to the docks"

Raiden let out an indignant huff, "And just what exactly makes you think I'll take you down there? You should know I only let Katherine ride me. That's unless she asks-"

"She's gone missing" Peter cut Raiden off.

Raiden let out a whinny, "Move back quickly boy"

Peter didn't even have a chance to protest, just as he moved out of the way Raiden let out a neigh and turning around quickly he kicked the door of his stable off with his two back legs.

"You could have just let me unlock your cell" Peter muttered as he swung himself onto Raiden's back.

Raiden let out a snort and with that they were off into the night. The wind whistled in Peter's ears as he held on to Raiden's mane. Riding bareback with Raiden was singlehandedly the most uncomfortable experience Peter had ever had, however considering that Raiden was the fastest horse he had ever met, it was a very short experience too.

As they finally passed the lights of the town and made it to the outstretched jetty Peter spotted an obsidian-cloaked figure beside a small rowboat. Raiden had not even fully stopped when Peter jumped off.

He rolled as he hit the ground and a pounding headache paired with the feeling of nausea made Peter regret the two bottles of alcohol that he had previously drank.

The figure, surprised by the thud Peter made, stood up quickly, tulle hissing against the stone of the dock. Lavender peaked through the obsidian cloak, contrasting greatly. Katherine's hood fell back as she rushed a few steps forwards but when she saw Peter get back up she retreated slightly.

"Stay" Peter finally spoke, the words he had been trying to get out since the first time she had left, "Stay with me"

By this time many of the carriages for the royals had started to arrive and though they were getting out of the carriages, no one dared to step over the threshold between Peter and Katherine.

"I-" she paused and looked up, "I don't think I can. I'm not as brave as you all think I am. I'm a coward, I run away because I'm afraid of getting hurt, I never stay in one place too long because I don't want to get attached  because I'm scared people will turn on me"