꧁Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7 - Nᴀʀɴɪᴀ꧂

It had been a week since Katherine's fever and she hadn't gotten tired of the thrill of kissing Peter. She had asked Peter before they had gone back to writing letters that day if they could keep what they had private for now. Peter had been hesitant to agree but he had anyway. The truth was Katherine did want people to know, she wanted it a lot but she was scared what people would think of them if they did.

She didn't want people to think badly of Peter especially after what happened at the last ball she attended here. She didn't want people to judge Peter because he was with her. She also had to admit she was also worried what people would say about her. People already saw her as someone who had leached off of the Pevensies in the war and even now many courtiers felt she only had her positions because she had sucked up to the royal siblings or that she had manipulate them. She had found that the chatter and gossip had died down in her most recent stay and yet it didn't stop the looks she received when she was around.

Those questioning disapproving stares that she constantly received, as if everyone was silently judging her even while she breathed. It always spiked up her stress and anxiety and she found that she hated being in spaces full of people that were paying attention to her. Those glares weighed on her shoulders more than she would have liked them to. But sometimes in those rare moments with Peter everything seemed to disappear.

It was the way, when they sat at lunch together, that he ever so delicately interlocked his pinky with hers, constantly making sure not even the servants could see the link. And if a servant did manage to come around to that side of the table he quickly let it go and no one caught their secret gesture. But Katherine found she increasingly missed the warmth it gave her and she always shivered slightly at the loss of contact.

Once when they had a rendezvous behind two of the smooth marble pillars that lined the hallway closely, Katherine had nearly given them away. As two maidservants walked passed their hiding spot, Katherine had broken off the kiss and tilted her head slightly to look through the crack between the two. Peter took the opportunity to find that sweet spot where her neck and shoulder joined and he bit down as he sucked harshly. Katherine had clamped her hand over her mouth to keep her from moaning loudly as Peter soothed the hurt with kitten licks.

The maids had turned around in the hallway, their eyes scanning for the source of the whimper that had escaped however, upon finding nothing, they shrugged and turned away walking down the hall. Katherine had turned back to Peter, very flustered at them almost being caught in this compromising position but Peter had just smirked and kissed her again.

Now Katherine was a little more adjusted to their secret relationship and got a little less flustered around him now that she was aware his feelings were mutual. No matter how many smirks and comments he made, he also showed her that his feelings were pure. Peter, with all his boldness, also got flustered from time to time and Katherine always thought he looked most adorable when his cheeks were dusted in a pink and he would give her a small peck on the lips to distract himself from his obvious embarrassment.

Although they could spend time together in the day, the time they spent was most frequent at night. They had found one day that their balconies were next to each other, separated only by a thick wall of roses and a narrow trellis that supported it. They had never seen each other yet because the rose-covered wall blocked the view of either side. The roses in question were a beautiful dusky pink, but Katherine had never really payed attention to them as she wasn't particularly fond of roses.

However one night as she was out on her balcony she began to hum a quiet tune to herself. It was no Narnian song that she could remember but the melody was warm and it filled her with a sense of home. Suddenly a noise came from her left and she peered over the edge to see what had moved. In the darkness through the roses she could just make out a pair of cobalt blue eyes.