꧁ Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 17 - Nᴀʀɴɪᴀ ꧂

Katherine and Peter had slept separately last night. Something that they had not done in a long time. This was because it is bad luck for a groom to see their bride on the morning of their wedding day. She must admit she slept in a lot longer than usual, but that was only due to it being a special day and morning training was cancelled. She had been pampered more than usual that morning. What with a scented bath, whipped soap, body scrubs and body oils. Katherine's skin was feeling much more refreshed than usual.

This had gone over until around mid morning where Darla had snuck in avocado on toast for her. The last thing Katherine wanted was to be bloated on her wedding day. She found her wedding morning a little bit of a scary thing. Details she had never thought twice about she suddenly spent hours on whilst looking at her appearance in the mirror. She found her freckles suddenly an irritation, she could spot a small pimple beginning to form near her hairline, even though she had long outgrown her teenage phase.

It was a little hard to believe that it was her day until she had stepped into her wedding dress. Every detail that she was wearing now made the completed look better than Katherine could have ever hoped for. It had started with Luka but continued with everyone. Apparently Susan had enclosed the detail of the wedding rhyme in half of the letters.

It had started with Link, Ananova and Ada when they had arrived. Link had brought 'something old' but it wasn't just anything he had found; Link had gifted her a piece from the Rui royal treasury. It was a beautiful piece. Katherine who had always had thinner hair in her earlier years, had watched it get thicker due to all sorts of treatments until sometimes it was a mission to style. The style she had chosen for her wedding was two braids which tied back to a half bun in her hair. This was where Link's present came in.

Crafted with meticulous care the piece was designed to wrap around her bun in a silver ring. Then thin white-gold strands came out from the band and each strand was adorned with two to three pearls. They fanned out causing a small halo affect on her bun.

"I know that pearls are your birthstone so I thought it would look beautiful on you" and indeed it gave out the ideas of rays of light. However due to the silvery tone Link and her agreed it looked more like the moon's quiet but radiant light. Now instead of a veil, she wore it in her hair, and Katherine was grateful for Link's design, which kept the ornament light and easy to keep in her hair. The silver and white gold contrasted with her dark hair prettily and the pearls looked like dewdrops in the artwork.

The next thing she received was a gift from Mahdi, Yara and Amira together. It was her 'something borrowed' and although it was not to keep, when Katherine saw the piece she understood why.

It was a train, generally used by Alwatan Royalty on their wedding. However instead of being worn from the hair it could attach itself to the sleeves of any dress like a cape. The train was made - at first glance - with the same tulle any dress would be made from. However in every stich of tulle was a thin strand of enchanted silk.

The first King of Alwatan had had it commissioned for his wife and it had an enchantment on it made by an early magician in Narnia. That is why the train, if held to the dress by a royal of Alwatan, would magically attach to the dress. But the true magic was in the train design itself.

That is because the magic and enchanted silk was designed to reflect the journey of the wearer and her partner on their wedding day. She hadn't had a chance to see the train design yet as it would only start the moment she saw Peter.

The something blue was brought by Owain. It was a beautifully designed bracelet made from alexandrite. designed to be tiny flowers on a white gold vine. The alexandrite also homage to her second birthstone. The beautiful blue green jewel shone differently in the light.