- darry imagine

(ill probably make a preference like this in the future).

you have a nightmare

you were at this curtis house waiting for darry to get home like you always did. he wasn't home yet which probably meant he got held back at work. this happened a lot so you didn't worry too much. neither did sodapop or ponyboy. this happened at least once or twice a week, so they learned how to cook themselves dinner or you would cook it for them. the boys had the gang over like always so you were lucky if there was even a crumb of dessert left for you. steve always ate half the cake if not all of it.

midnight came quick and ponyboy was off to bed cause he had school in the morning, and soda went to bed with him cause of his nightmares. which left you and sleeping two-bit on the couch. you rolled your eyes at the sight of this because almost every night a different member of the gang has a sleepover on that couch. if it's not two-bit, it's johnny. and if it's not johnny, its steve.

as you washed the dishes that the boys ate from you began to wonder why darry wasn't home yet. it was now 12:35 and he never stayed out this late. but instead of giving it another thought you shrugged your shoulders and continued washing the dishes.

soon as the dishes were washed you went to darry's bedroom and slowly drifted off to sleep. still with a bit of concern for darry. which only got worse when you saw yourself in your bedroom back at home. your mother had just given you the most horrible news you could ever hear. she said that darry had gotten attacked by drunk socs and there were too many of them for him. he was gone. you were crying hard. your worst nightmare had came true!

suddenly your body began to shake and your eyes opened. you were no longer in your bedroom but back at the curtis house in darry's room. as you looked around you saw what had awoken you. it was darry. he looked confused and concerned all at once as you starred at him in complete shock.

"are you okay doll? you were crying in your sleep!" he told you while lightly gripping onto your shoulders.

then it clicked into your brain what had happened. it was all just a dream! you wrapped your arms around him tightly as you cried silently into his chest. you felt relieved but at the same time overwhelmed.

"it's okay sweetheart." he said as he petting your hair. "what was that dream about?"

"you were-you were dead." those words only made you sob more.

"it was just a dream. i'm right here. i'm not going anywhere." he whispered into your ear.

you nodded into his chest with tears still running down your cheeks. then he laid down and pulled you on top of him.

"let's go to sleep," he said pulling you close. sooner or later you fell asleep in his embrace.