- darry imagine

based on the *what type of drunk he is* preference.

darry has never been one to drink. he always talks about how bad and addicting it is. he probably doesn't want soda or pony to become what two-bit has become. i don't blame him. two-bit is so addicted to drinking it worries me.

i was at the curtis house waiting for darry to get home from work. soda and steve were playing checkers while johnny and pony were playing cards. by the look of pony's face, johnny was winning. but we all know johnny plays cards like a total savage. dallas was smoking a cigarette while watching mickey with two-bit. dally watching cartoons? that almost never happens.

all our heads turn as we hear the front door open. darry walked through the door but not as his normal self. he had a cut on his forehead and a mark of his cheek that would soon turn into a bruise.

"darry? what happened?" soda asked getting up from his seat.

darry didn't answer. he looked super angry.

"did those damn socs get ya?" dally asked.

"no those damn socs didn't get me!" he said mimicking dally.

"sorry man," dally said sarcastically while putting his arms up in defense.

darry walked right past me not even acknowledging my presence. he never acts like this. he always would at least say hello to me. i mean i am his girlfriend that he hasn't seen all day. i looked at pony and he looked worried. he was probably thinking it's something he's done.

"darry?" he turned towards me still looking super mad. "aren't you gonna say hi to me?"

"what if i don't? you gonna hit me?!" his voice got louder as he spoke. as his voice grew louder i could tell everyone in the room was getting more and more tense.

"n-no i was just-" darry cut me off.

"then shut up bitch!" he yelled and slammed his fist on the kitchen table making johnny almost jump two feet in the air.

i was shocked. so was everyone else. darry has never cussed at anyone before. especially not me. i got up from my seat on the couch and left. i didn't want to hear what darry had to say anymore. now i was the one angry.

the next day soda called me up telling me that darry was drunk that night and didn't mean anything that he had said. i was still mad because darry knows better than that.

i went to the curtis house that morning. darry was asleep in bed with a hangover. i sat on the bed next to him and he immediately woke up.

"y/n im sorry," he pulled me into a tight hug. im assuming soda told him everything that had happened. "i didn't mean anything i said. i really didnt."

"i know darry. i know." I cooed.

he let go of me to see my face. he caressed my face looking guilty. "im so sorry baby."

"it's okay. just promise me one thing," i said.

he nodded and looked at me. "never drink again. at least not as much as you drank yesterday."

he grabbed me and pulled me into another tight hug. "baby i promise im never touching another glass of whisky again!"

he kissed my lips softly. "drinking is two-bit's thing, and it'll stay that way."

i giggled and he kissed me again.

i just watched pretty in pink and it's such a good movie! i love duckie sm! 10/10 recommend.