Chapter 49

Scott paced around the room, muttering to himself.

"Scott," Steve stopped him, "Are you okay?"

Scott looked up at us, "Yeah. I'm fine," He started stuttering, and finally blurt it all out, "Have you ever studied Quantum Physics?"

"Only to make conversation," Natasha shrugged.

"Alright. So... five years ago, right before Thanos, I was in a place called the Quantum Realm," Scott gestured with his hands, "The Quantum Realm is like its own microscopic universe. To get in there, you have to be incredibly small. Hope, she's my... She was my..." He struggled to get the words out, and gave up, "She was supposed to pull me out. And then Thanos happened, and I got stuck in there."

"I'm sorry," I said, "That must've been a very long five years."

"Yeah, but that's just it. It wasn't. For me, it was five hours."

I looked at him, shocked, and looked over to Steve, who gave me a bewildered look.

"See, the rules of the Quantum Realm aren't like they are up here. Everything is unpredictable," Scott pointed to Natasha's food, "Is that anybody's sandwich? I'm starving."

He strode over to it, and shoved it into this mouth.

Steve held his hand out, "Scott, what are you talking about?"

"What I'm saying is, time works differently in the Quantum Realm," Scott paused and swallowed the rest of the food, "The only problem is right now, we don't have a way to navigate it. But what if we did? I can't stop thinking about it. What if, we could somehow control the chaos, and we could navigate it? What if there was a way to enter the Quantum Realm at a certain point in time but then exit at another point in time? Like... Like before Thanos."

"Wait," I pointed to Scott, a small smile on my face, "are you talking about a time machine?"

"No. No, of course not. No, not a time machine. It's more like a..." Scott's hands fell to his sides, "Yeah, a time machine. I know it's crazy. But I can't stop thinking about it. There's gotta be some way... There's gotta be...some w- it's crazy."

"Scott, I get e-mails from a raccoon, so nothing sounds crazy anymore," Natasha smiled.

"So who do we talk to about this?" Scott asked.

I looked to Steve, and he nodded, knowing exactly what I was thinking.

*          *          *

I got out of the passenger seat, walking towards the small cabin, seeing Tony holding Morgan in his arms. Tony sighed upon seeing us, and Morgan jumped out of his arms.

"Aunt Cora!" Morgan yelled excitedly, and wrapped her arms around my legs.

"Hey girl!" I picked her up, and her little legs wrapped around my waist, and I gave her a big hug. I walked up the porch, the others following behind me. I felt Morgan look behind me, and I looked back, seeing her and Steve wave at each other. Morgan reached for her dad, and I handed her over as Tony gave me a smile.

Tony and I had continued to stay close over these last few years. We stayed in communication, and whenever I could, would babysit Morgan. Steve loved her as much as I did, but whenever I went to Tony and Pepper's to pick her up, Steve would always stay behind. The only time they had really seen each other was at our wedding, and since then, they managed to stay away from each other. Steve had talked to me a lot about their relationship, and said he really missed Tony. He didn't want to talk to him about it though, because he felt Tony was still holding a grudge.