Chapter 33

I shakily got to my feet, looking around me. The pavilion, the twelve gods. Was this actually real? Was I back?

"Cora," I looked to my father, as he slowly got up from his throne, walking towards me.

I ran to him, and he extended his arms, and I hugged him with everything in me.

"I'm so sorry," He met my eyes and whispered to me, "Zeus was extremely angry, I fought to get you back-"

"It's alright," I smiled through my tears and hugged him once more.

I heard Zeus clear his throat, and my father let go, walking back to his seat. I looked to Zeus, glaring at him.

"Cora, you have been brought back to Olympus-"

"Wait, wait, wait," I stopped him, "I've been gone for 55 years, and no hello? No 'nice to see you?' At least a wave."

"Hello Cora," He cleared his throat again, "As I was saying-"

"Wait, I'm just going to stop you one more time," I put my hand up, not finished with him, "What the hell?! You banish me for half a century and then bring me back like nothing happened? Like you didn't tear me from my family? You know what- don't answer that. I don't care what you have to say. I want to go back. I want to see Steve. I want to see Natasha. I want to see Tony, and Thor-"

"Oh, whatever," I looked to Ares as he rolled his eyes, "Those Asgardians think they're all that, think they're so much better then us."

I slowly looked back to Zeus, choosing to ignore what Ares said, "No. You tore me apart from this family, and you can't take me from my new one."

"You were not brought back here to stay Cora. You were brought back, because some information regarding Earth would be very valuable to you," Zeus said.

"And what's that," I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes.

"All of you, except for Poseidon, please leave the room," Zeus looked to the rest of them, as they shimmered away in a gold light, "In two years time, a threat regarding us all will come to pass."

"What kind of threat?" I asked. Maybe there was actually something going on, and Zeus wasn't being a jerk for once.

"A threat to the entire universe, and if they are not stopped, many of us will cease to exist," Poseidon said.

"Do they have a name?"

"Thanos."

"He is a titan, no not like our parents," Zeus said, seeing I was about to ask that question, "He is not related to the Greeks, yet he is very powerful. He means to collect all six infinity stones, and with these, destroy half the universe."

"And how do you know all of this?" I asked.

"The oracle," Zeus said, "She has prophesied this for many years."

"Then why bring me back? Why now? And why do you even care what happens? You can't die anyway," I scoffed.

"Based on contrary belief, we do care about our mortal children," Zeus glared at me as I laughed.

"So what am I supposed to do? Are you going to give me a weapon to kill him or something?"

That would be nice, maybe a cool new trident.

"Along those lines, yes," Poseidon said.

"Poseidon, Hades, and I are required to present you with a gift, in order to help you with the destruction of Thanos."

"Hades? Really? I don't think he'd agree to that." Hades was conniving, deceitful, manipulative. Well, let's just say he's not a great guy.

"It doesn't matter if you agree with it or not," Zeus said. "We are all required."

"So what are they?" I asked, curious for the answer.

Zeus stood up walked towards me, "I give you the gift of perseverance. When all seems impossible to carry on, you will not give up so easily. When there seems to be no hope left, you will be a beacon of hope for all to see."

He put two hands on my shoulders as he said this, and when he finished, I felt energy run through my body. Yet, when he let go of my shoulders, it ceased to exist.

Perseverance? I know it's a good thing to have, but wouldn't a sword be better to kill this Thanos guy?

My father walked up to me, "My daughter, I give you Sthenios. One of my steed, given to aid you. Whenever you call, he will always arrive."

Suddenly, a beautiful horse galloped through the pavilion, coming to a stop right next to me. He had a brown, coat, with a bright white mane. I placed my hand on its muzzle, and it whinnied with delight.

I looked to my father giving him a bright smile, "Thank you."

"You will now be sent to Hades, where he will grant you with his gift of choice," Zeus said, raising his hand.

"Oh- okay. I'll come back though, right?" I didn't like to say it, but I missed this place like crazy. My family, Lydia. I wanted to come back.

"Of course," My father gave me a wink, as I fell into the gold light again, this time arriving in the depths of the underworld.