Chapter 47

I attempted to zipper the back of my dress, but couldn't, and gave up easily.

I heard someone come in, and turned around to see Natasha walk into the room. I faced the mirror, looking at my long white dress.

"Are you ready?" She asked.

I smiled, "Can't wait."

"You should see Steve, he's a wreck."

I quickly turned around to face her. "What?"

"No, no," She laughed, "I've never seen him more nervous and excited before."

"Oh, okay," I sighed.

Natasha zipped the back of my dress, and finished my makeup, before handing me a bouquet of flowers. We walked out of the room at the small venue we took over for the day. I saw Tony standing by the door, waiting for me.

Once he heard us, he looked up, and smiled brightly as he saw me, "Cora... you look great."

"Thanks," I laughed.

"Even though, you could have chosen someone better," He rolled his eyes. I glared daggers at him, and he sighed, "Oh, what am I saying, you two are perfect."

I had convinced both Tony and Steve to keep it civil today, after what happened in Germany. They both grudgingly agreed, though it took some convincing.

Tony and I linked arms, and Natasha walked out before us, her long blue dress flowing behind her. We began to walk forward, and as I turned the corner, saw Steve, waiting for me under an arch. As soon as he saw me, his breath hitched, and as I got closer, he gave me a big smile.

Tony and I walked slowly down the aisle. I had asked him right after Steve proposed to walk me down, and he immediately said yes. I would ask my father, but after what happened with the snap, I feel like they're all so disappointed in me for failing. I shook that idea out of my head before it could ruin the moment.

Tony walked me to the end, kissing my cheek before sitting next to Rhodey and Bruce. I stepped up in front of Steve, and looked behind me to wink at Natasha. She, of course, was my maid of honor. I had known her for so long, and she was so important to me.

I looked to the man officiating our wedding, as he began to speak, "Thank you all for coming today. I have been asked many times to keep this speech short, so we will begin quickly. After so much darkness, it is nice to see a ray of light on this happy day," He looked to me first, "Cora, do you take Steve to be your husband? Do you promise to love, honor, and cherish him forevermore?"

I took a deep breath, looking to Steve's bright blue eyes, "I do."

"And Steven-" I let out a snort, and the officiator gave me a weird look. Steve hates his full name. Steve laughed along with me, and the man waited patiently.

"Alright, I'm done," I waved my hand as I let out my last laugh.

"And Steven," He looked to me to see if I would laugh again. I managed to hold it in, and he continued, "Do you take Cora to be your wife? Do you promise to love, honor, and cherish her forevermore?"

Steve looked down to me with a big smile, "I do."

"And now, we will exchange rings..."

Natasha walked up, handing me Steve's band, "Cora, please place the ring on Steven's left hand."

I reached for his hand and slipped the ring over his finger.

"And Steven, please place the ring on Cora's left hand," Natasha handed him the band, and Steve held it up with a smile, showing that he didn't drop it. I rolled my eyes and held out my left hand.

He slid it onto my ring finger, and I moved my engagement ring to lay above it.

"And now, with the power invested in me, I herby pronounce you, husband and wife." I smiled greatly, as the man looked to Steve, "You may kiss the bride."

Steve cupped my face with his hands, giving me a passionate kiss to seal the deal. We pulled apart, and Steve picked me up bridal style, running off down the aisle as the few people around us cheered.