Chapter 7 - Captain America the Winter Soilder

It's been two years since Steve and I started the STRIKE team. I loved it, going on missions. Steve and I had gotten closer as well.

Fury had a new mission and I was getting ready to go and get Steve. I put on my dark blue shield suit that looked a lot like Natasha's. I put my dirty blond hair in a ponytail, and got ready to leave my apartment. Steve and I lived in the same complex, but he told me he was going on a run. I locked up my apartment and got in my car, driving to the Washington monument. I pulled up, and saw him standing next to a man.

I rolled down the window, and the two turned around after hearing the engine, "Hey, fellas. Either one of you know where the Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up a fossil," I yelled out the window.

"That's hilarious," Steve said laughing and rolling his eyes at me. He got in the car and the man came to the window.

"How you doing? Sam Wilson," he introduced.

"Cora Wilder," I smiled.

"I know," he laughed.

"Can't run everywhere," Steve shrugged.

"No, you can't," Sam said, and he gave a wave. I rolled the window back up, and pressed on the gas.

We drove off to SHIELD head quarters, and when we got there found a Quinjet waiting for Steve and I.

We finally arrived, which was somewhere over the Indian Ocean, and prepared to get off the jet. "The target is a mobile satellite launch platform: The Lemurian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago," Rumlow said. He was a burly guy who helped with the team. Mostly giving information on why and what we were doing.

"Any demands?" Steve asked.

"A billion and a half."

My brow raised, "Why so steep?"

"Because it SHIELD's."

"So it's not off-course, it's trespassing," Rumlow said.

"I'm sure they have a good reason," Natasha pointed out sarcastically.

"You know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor," Steve scoffed, looking to me.

"Relax, it's not that complicated," I said, waving him off.

"How many pirates?"

"Twenty-five, top mercs, led by this guy. Georges Batroc," Rumlow imformed us. He showed us a photo of Batroc on the monitor, "Ex-DGSE, Action Division. He's at the top of Interpol's Red Notice. Before the French demobilized him, he had thirty-six kill missions. This guy's got a rep for maximum casualties."

"Hostages?" I asked.

"Uh...mostly techs. One officer, Jasper Sitwell. They're in the galley."

"What's Sitwell doing on a launch ship? Alright, Cora and I are gonna sweep the deck and find Batroc. Nat, you'll kill the engines and wait for instructions. Rumlow, you sweep aft, find the hostages, get them to the life-pods, get them out." Steve nodded, "Let's move."

"STRIKE, you heard him. Gear up," I ordered.

"Secure channel seven," Steve said.

"Seven secure. Did you do anything fun Saturday night?" Natasha with a smirk.

"Well, all the guys from my barbershop quartet are dead, so... No, not really." Steve gave a small smile as I snorted.

"Coming up by the drop zone, you two," the pilot said, looking back to us.

"You know, if you ask Kristen out, from Statistics, she'd probably say yes," Natasha pushed.

"That's why I don't ask."