slowmotion .26

"ugh! ricky, i don't wanna do this anymore," nini whined as she leaned her head on top of ricky's shoulder. ricky let out a chuckle and swung his arm around the girl.

"what's so hard about finishing this one song?" ricky asked nini while they both stared at the piano in front of them. the girl shrugged his shoulders and let out a frustrated sigh.

"i don't know.. it's just hard to finish," nini softly said. ricky turned to look at nini and saw how glossy her eyes were starting to get.

"what's wrong?"

"it's uh... i started to write this song when i found out the treatment's stopped working," nini confessed and finally looked into ricky's eyes, "i just .. i don't know."

"no, i get it," ricky softly said as he looked at nini with soft eyes, "we'll figure it out, i promise."

"okay," nini happily said and gave ricky a smile, "but later! i wanna watch a movie now."

ricky chuckled and closed the piano before looking at nini with a smile, "alright, what movie?"

"mmm.. i'm thinking a romcom?"

"oh, god."

"ricky.." nini started to say as she eyed the boy for saying the lord's name in vain. ricky's eyes widened and he gave nini an awkward smile.

"sorry... keep forgetting."

"yeah yeah," nini joked, "go pick a movie and I'll go make the popcorn, okay?"

"okiee," ricky happily said before giving nini a quick peck on the lips. ricky got up from the piano and started to make his way towards the living room. he heard nini get up from the piano, but then everything stopped. ricky heard a loud thud hit the floor and quickly spun around to see nini laying on the floor - unconscious.

it was if everything was in slow motion. ricky ran as fast as he could to nini's side while he screamed her name. his screams echoed throughout the house making nini's dad run down the stairs. ricky crouched down to the floor and put nini's head on his lap while he tried to wake her up.

"NINI!" her dad yelled as he bent down next to her body, "WHAT HAPPENED?!"

"I DON'T KNOW," ricky cried as he looked down at nini, "SHE TRIED TO STAND UP BUT FAINTED! I TURNED AROUND TO SEE HER LAYING IN THE FLOOR UNCONSCIOUS!"

"RICKY, CALL 911," nini's dad commanded. ricky couldn't move. tears fell down his face as he looked down at nini's body laying in his lap. his bottom lip was quivering with fear and there were so many tears in his eyes that his vision was blurry. nini's dad looked up at nini and saw how much of a mess ricky was, "RICKY! 911!"

ricky finally snapped out of his thoughts and moved nini's body onto her dad's lap. the boy quickly took his phone out of his pocket and dialed 911.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"yeah.. i uh.. my girlfriend.. nini.. she fainted," ricky frantically said while he paced back and forth, "she's unconscious but breathing.. i .. please come.. she's not waking up-"

" - sir, try and calm down," the operater said over the phone, "you need to be calm for her, alright? the ambulance is on the way. in the meantime, lay her straight on her back and loosen any constrictive clothing."

"i..oh okay," ricky frantically said crouched down to nini. he motioned for her dad to lay her on her back. ricky looked at nini's outfit and saw that she was just wearing a flow dress and socks.

before they knew it, they heard the sirens getting closer and closer. nini's dad raced outside while ricky stayed with nini. the dad led the medics into the house and everything was a blur.