promise .06

"i don't know.... baby.... last time i saw.. you i-"

"your face," miss jenn corrected ricky for the fifth time already.

"right, your ... face i felt like the.. moon has already set-"

"the sun has already set," miss jenn corrected him again. seb and ashlyn let out a deep sigh and rolled their eyes. ricky let out a light chuckle and the both of them glared at the boy.

"mr. bowen, are you trying to be bad on purpose?" miss jenn asks.

"nope, just comes naturally i guess," ricky said in a witty voice. everyone rolled their eyes but nini let out a light chuckle before wiping it away. rickys eyes lit up once he saw nini's smile and then tried to hide his.

"mr. bowen if you don't do well in this play ... i don't know what mr. mazzarra has in store for you. so i suggest you take it seriously or watch your friends graduate without you," miss jenn said in a stern voice. everyone looked at ricky with an awkward glance before talking amongst each other, "rehearsal is over. we will continue again next week on monday."

everyone stood up from their seats and gathered their stuff to leave the auditorium. ricky quickly packed up his belongings and followed nini out into the hallway.

"hey nini!" he called out and caught up to her. nini turned around and smiled at the boy.

"hi richard," she softly said. rickys smile fell and he let out a deep breath.

"you know it's ricky, right?"

"yeah i know," she simply said and turned back around to a walk away. ricky caught up to her again and laughed.

"so then why do you call me richard?"

"why do you keep talking to me?" nini asks. ricky got taken aback and tilted his head at her, "it's just... we never talked and now your talking to me at school and retweeting my stuff on twitter."

"i uh..."

"whatever you and your friends have planned... i would like to stay out of it," nini said and ricky's face fell.

"why would you think we have something planned?"

"because you guys are always talking about me behind my back..."

"that's not true?"

"wanna know why i call you richard?"

"why?"

"the same reason you guys call me 'the nun'," nini answered. ricky's heart stopped and he watched as nini looked to the floor and walked out of the school.

ricky chased after nini and followed her to her car, "ok, i admit that was a fucked up joke."

"it's not a joke," nini stated and stood in front of her car, "i never did anything to you guys and you all take the time out of your hands to make fun of me. your fans have truly been so sweet and supportive, honestly. but i don't wanna be involved with people like you."

"nini, i promise you im not like that," ricky said and stepped closer but the girl backed away.

"i should go," was all nini said before she got in her car. she tried to drive away but ricky stepped in front of her car so she couldn't back out or drive forward.

"im not going anywhere," ricky yelled outside of the car. nini let out a deep sigh and unlocked her doors. ricky gave her a smile and made his way into her car.

"listen nini... i know i did some fuck-"

"messed up things..." ricky corrected himself as nini shot him a glare for cursing, "but i promise im not like that."