dancing in the moonlight. 24

ricky took a deep breath before he made his way up nini's porch. this was his last chance to finally make things right with nini and if he messed up one thing - the boy would lose her forever.

ricky pressed his knuckles against the door and finally knocked. it seemed like time was moving so slow, until he heard the door start to unlock. once the door finally opened, ricky's eyes met nini's. he felt himself hold in his breath as he looked at how different nini looked. she had bags under her eyes, her face was pale, and her hair wasn't in her usual sleek ponytail or pin straight hair.

"nini...." ricky finally breathed out as he mouth turned into a small smile. nini let out a deep breath and looked down to the floor.

"ricky... what are you doing here?" nini asked as she engulfed herself in her cardigan tighter, "it's late."

"i've missed you.."

"ricky, i don't wanna be used a publicity stunt, okay?" nini said in a stern voice and started to close the door.

"wait! neens, please," ricky called out before nini could close the door all the way. nini gave ricky one last look before she opened the door again.

"you have five minutes," nini told ricky. the boy let out a soft smile and delicately grabbed nini's hand. ricky pulled nini outside and lead her to her porch swing, "ricky.. what are you doing?"

"just a sec," ricky told the girl as he pulled out his phone out of his pocket. the boy crouched down to the floor and revealed the little speaker he brought.

"a speaker?" nini asked as she looked at ricky with a curious look. the boy gave her a smirk and started to play the music from his phone.

[ omg that yt video won't add, but just play the song pls ]

the song, "you and i" by john legend started to play and a small smile on nini's face started to appear. ricky carefully grabbed nini into his arms. he placed his left hand on her shoulder and his right hand around her waist.

ricky pulled nini in close and started to dance with her. nini scrunched her eyebrows at ricky, but decided to go along with it. "why are we dancing?"

"because i never got to properly dance with you on our first date," ricky told nini as he finally looked up at her. the boy gave nini a sweet smile before spinning her around. nini let out a soft laugh and smiled at ricky.

"this is sweet," nini confessed. she couldn't help but smile at ricky as they swayed side to side under the moonlight. ricky pulled nini closer to him and the girl rested her head on ricky's shoulder while they continued to dance to the music.

"are you getting tired?" ricky quietly asked nini as he felt her grip around his neck start to loosen and get weaker. he felt nini nod her head and whisper a faint 'yeah'. ricky let go of nini and carefully helped her sit on the porch swing.

"i'm sorry..." nini softly said as she looked down to the floor, "i'm just not really used to doing anything physical anymore."

"it's okay, neens. i understand," ricky reassured her. the boy looked back at his car and back at nini with a smile. she tilted her head with curiousty, but ricky just smirked at her. "just a sec."

nini watched as ricky raced over to his car and opened his trunk. "close your eyes!" ricky called out from his car.

"why?" nini asked with a small laugh.

"just do it, please?!" ricky begged. nini let out a sigh and closed her eyes and covered them with her hands. she heard the sound of ricky's footsteps coming closer, along with a set of wheels.

finally, the footsteps and wheels came to a stop and ricky let out a deep breath, "okay... you can open them now."

nini quickly opened her eyes and saw a gigantic telescope in front of her. her jaw dropped to the floor and she looked at ricky wide eyes, "is this for me...?"

"you really thought i was building a telescope for myself?" ricky asked in a sarcastic tone. nini let out a chuckle and stood up from the bench. she carefully touched the telescope in front of her and looked at ricky with glossy eyes.

"why did you do all of this for me?" nini asked with a face full of guilt. ricky smiled at nini and grabbed his hands into hers.

"cause i wanted to show you that i really do love you," ricky explained to her and pulled her closer to him, "those texts were just a cover up to hide my feelings for you, but that was a long time ago, nini. i was stupid, selfish, and just a terrible person before i really got to know you."

"ricky i.."

"no nini, you have no idea how much you've been a good influence on my life," ricky told nini, "you've really made me a better person, even my friends - even though it kinda took them awhile.."

nini let out an awkward chuckle and nodded her head in agreement. ricky brushed his thumb over nini's cheek and looked at her in the eyes, "i don't care how much time we have left together... i just wanna be with you."

"aren't you scared?" nini asked while tears started to fall down her cheek. ricky gently wiped nini's tears with his thumb and shook his head.

"i'm more scared of being without you.."

"that was so cheesy," nini stated with a light chuckle. ricky brought out into a laughter and shrugged his shoulders.

"i don't care... it's true."

"ricky....you broke your promise."

"i know," was all ricky said before he leaned in and planted his lips on nini's. the girl immediately felt her body warm up, but the touch of ricky's lips and felt herself melt in his arms.

"i love you too," nini said before reconnecting her lips with his.