telescope .08

as ricky was driving around, he saw a familiar person getting out of their car and walking towards the park

as ricky was driving around, he saw a familiar person getting out of their car and walking towards the park. ricky finally realized it was nini, who was carrying a huge tube.

"what the hell is she doing?" ricky said to himself as he saw nini walking further up the hill. the boy pulled off to the side of the road and quickly got out of his car to catch up with nini.

"hey!" he called out once he finally reached her. nini quickly spun around and saw ricky standing in front of her.

"ricky? what are you doing here?" she softly asks him. the boy glanced down at what she's holding and raises an eyebrow at her.

"i can ask you the same thing."

nini let out a light chuckle before shaking her head, "why don't i show you instead?"

+

"oh so... stars," ricky finally said to nini once she finished setting up her telescope.

"yup... i love astronomy," the girl answered, not keeping her eyes off of her telescope. ricky started to laugh and looked up at the sky on top of him.

"do you have to look at the stars at 12 in the morning," ricky asks but nini just nods her head and smiled.

"yeah, its when the stars look the brightest."

"why are so interested in stars and this stuff?"

"uhm...my mom," nini answered and finally looked at ricky, "she was really into it too before she died. sometimes i actually come out here to talk to her."

ricky's face fell and he walked up to nini, "im sorry about that.."

"don't be," nini exclaimed and gave a soft smile to the boy, "it was so long ago and i know she's in a better place."

"you said that you come out here to talk to her?"

"yeah she uh... actually has her own star up there."

"her own star?"

"yeah my dad names one after her," nini told ricky with a huge smile on her face, "she never got to see it because because my dad names one after her after she died."

"which one is it?"

"come here," nini told ricky. the boy stepped closer to her and put his eye inside the telescope. nini started to adjust all of the settings on the telescope and moved it to where he can see that one, bright, glowing star.

"do you see it? it's kinda big," nini asked ricky and the boy nodded his head and laughed.

"wow... it's huge."

"yeah... i think that's why my dad named it after her."

"that's really sweet..." ricky told nini.

"i hope i can be up there with her..." nini said and looked at the sky. ricky saw as nini started to shiver and rub her arms up and down. the boy took off his jacket and carefully wrapped it around nini's body.

"thank you," nini softly said and smiled at ricky.

"no problem... anyways," ricky said to try and clear the awkward tension, "don't try and be a star just yet. you still got a lot of time left on you."

"right..." was all that nini said before diverting her attention back on something else.

weird.