The Last Formal

MEGANS POV

The last formal of my high school career was in a few hours. I was waiting for Jonah to come over, he said he was going to be here in a few seconds. He's supposed to come over and help me get ready, then we're going to go over to his house and his parents are going to take pictures.

When Gabi found out Jonah was my date, she didn't even seem mad. She just shrugged and brushed it off. That's what bothers me about her. She doesn't care about guys, she just wants people to know that she's with a guy but she doesn't treat them right.

I bought this really pretty, long nude dress. (She's going to be wearing Selena's THWWIW ama performance outfit.)

I was doing my winged eyeliner when Teza started barking. I ran down stairs and opened up the front door before Jonah could even get to it.

I stuck my head out of the door so he didn't see my makeup, or hair yet. "You look so CUTE!" I laughed smiling. He really did look really good, damn.

Jonah looked behind him then looked back at me, "Me?"

"Of course you!" I smiled even harder.

He made it to the door and walked in. I closed the door, revealing my outfit. Jonah's face lit up, "Wow. Y-you look great!" He smiled.

"I would have looked better but you got here before I could finish my makeup." I laughed. "I need you to tie the back though." I said turning around. (I don't know if Selena's laced up in the back but let's pretend it does because that would be cute. :))

Jonah tied the tie that laid at the small of my back. I turned around and smiled at him, "Let's go upstairs and finish my makeup then we can go to your house." I said grabbing his wrist and running up the stairs.

"Someone's excited!" He laughed.

"Very." I laughed back.

I sat back down at my vanity opening up my eyeliner finishing the wing on the other eye, "Who's all going to be at your house?" I asked, looking at him through the mirror.

"My mom, dad, and my grandparents, from my moms side." He said fixing his tie. I nodded my head.

Once I was done with my makeup, I put in my earrings, then headed to my closet and got two different pairs of heels. I held them up, "Which ones should I wear?" I asked, showing Jonah.

"The sparkly ones." He said pointing to the silver sparkly shoes.

I nodded my head, "I was thinking the same." I set the other heels down in my closet and went and sat next to Jonah, slipping on my shoes.

"You know, everyone is going to be jealous you're my date and not theirs, right?" He said lifting his eyebrows.

"I doubt it." I said flicking my wrist down. "We should probably start heading over to your parents house now though. Formal starts in an hour, and we don't want to be too late." I said patting his knee. I got up and double checked how I looked, in the mirror.

"Wow you're tall in these heels." Jonah laughed. "You can finally make it above my chin!" Normally I would only be able to reach Jonah's collar bones, but today I am reaching right about his chin.

We walked downstairs. "Do you want a water before we go?" I said walking into the kitchen.

Jonah contemplated whether to say yes or no for a second before saying yes as his final answer. I tossed him a water and we walked to his car.

Jonah walked to my side of the car, and opened the door, "Thank you." I said lifting up the bottom of my dress and slipping myself into the car. Once I was all settled in Jonah shut the door and walked to his side.