Bad News

JUSTINS POV

Once we got our food we were finally on our way to Megan's.

"You know what's coming up soon?" Megan asked smirking.

Looking at her I smiled, "Our year anniversary."

She intertwined our fingers and bringing the back of my hand to her mouth she kissed the back of my hand.

I already know what I want to get her for our anniversary. I now have a job so that means I have money. I hope she likes what I'm going to give her.

"What do you want?" I asked as a reference to used just incase I need to last minute change.

"You." She looked at me dead in the eyes.

"Sounds good, It's free!" I winked.

Once we got to Megan's house I grabbed Megan's bag and hopped out of the car. I walked over to Megan's side and opened the door.

She grabbed the McDonalds bags and hopped out.

We entered the house and went straight for her room, plopping myself on to her bed in exhaustion. Megan sat Indian style right next to me opening the McDonalds bag.

"Here's your stuff" She said handing me my burger.

She then pulled out her Big Mac, 10 piece chicken nuggets, Large fries, and her large soda.

"I honestly don't see how you're not 300 pounds." I chuckled.

"Hey a girl can eat!" She said raising her hands in the air with a mouth full of food.

"Kids, are you up there?!" Her dad shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

"Yeah!" Megan and I replied in unison.

"Please meet me in the living room as soon as possible."

I'm nervous. He usually doesn't call Megan and I down for anything. Megan and I looked at each other with our shocked faces.

"What do you think it could be about?" I whispered to Megan.

Megan looked at me nervously, "I have no clue, but I don't think we should be worrying.."

I was done with my burger so I crumbled up the wrapper and threw it into one of the empty bags.

"Do you wanna just go down there now?" She asked.

"Sure," I answered. "I'm so nervous." Her dad is chill, he has never called us down together for anything.

Megan grabbed the rest of her fries and ate them on the way to the living room where her dad was.

"Sit down guys" Her dad said shaking his head which only made me more nervous.

Megan and I picked the couch right in front of her dad, Jim.

Megan didn't seem nervous at all she laid her head on my lap as she finished her fries.

"Okay so guys, don't freak out to bad," He said not making eye contact. "I haven't told you guys yet, but ya'll know how I've been traveling a lot lately," Megan and I nodded our heads. "Well I've been keeping something from both of you that I honestly couldn't keep in any longer..."

"I've got a job offer, it's a great job, lots of money, but there is one issue... It's in California. So obviously that means that we would have to move."

My heart dropped.

Megan sprung up off of my lap nearly choking on her fries. We were both completely stunned.

"Now I know you guys are freaking out now but I still don't know if I got the job or not," he reassured. "I know your guy's 1 year is coming up soon and I'm not going to separate you guys like that."

We were both speechless. We sat there staring at him.

"Since this job gets me paid a lot of cash I will be able to fly both of you guys here and there. So I don't want you guys to feel like you two will never see each other ever again." He said reassuringly.

"I don't mean to be rude, but can I be excused for a second?" I asked.

Jim nodded his head.

I needed to think. I walked into the bathroom, and shut the door.

I looked at myself in the mirror.

I've been to California, I know what happens there, I know what guys do there, I know what they WANT there. I don't feel comfortable with this at all. I love her so much and just thinking of me not being able to be there for her 24/7 and possibly having another guy there for her, that scares me.

I walked back into the living room to see Megan pacing back and forth. Her dad wasn't anywhere in sight. I ran up and hugged her as tight as possible.

"I love you, Justin." She whispered.