Chapter Twenty Three

Matt.5.3 - Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Months had passed since Frank and I went to his Parents mansion and the prayer his mother had said was something I carried with me each and everyday. I had kept in touch with her and we would spend hours and hours on video call. She preached to me and encouraged me whenever I felt low. We got so close that I even asked for advice from her whenever Frank and I had misunderstandings. Grace also kept in touch and she had promised to come by for a special visit. I had fallen in love with Frank's family.

Jean's wedding was just around the corner and I had recruited Martha to help me with the planing. I finally opened up to Aunty Clara, Jean's step mum about my relationship with Frank and she was more than thrilled. They had invited Jean and I to join them for dinner. Even though it was going to take some getting used to seeing that all the other people from my family came, I enjoyed myself. Alot had happened in the past few months and I can say things had gotten better.

Today was sunday and I needed to hurry up because Frank was already on his way to pick me up. I wore a pleated yellow skirt with an off the shoulder white top and a pair of blush pink heels. I picked up my bible and went out the moment I heard the car horn. Frank stood by his car looking at his watch when said hai.
"Hello there"
"My queen, your chariot awaits" as he gave a bow. We both laughed and when I got to where he was and leaned in to hug him.

The satres at church had not stopped and a few ladies tried to befriend me here and there but I got a warning from Pastor Patrick's wife to be very careful and watch my back. I decided to keep to myself most of the time as avoided unnecessary relations. She told me of how some girls kept throwing themselves at Frank after Racheal had passed. She also went on to say some did not even care or respect her while she was alive they thought they needed to be in her place.

The meeting was going very well in church. I sat next to Frank as he was not the one giving the sermon today. The message was centered on forgiveness and Pastor Patrick spoke of how God has forgiven us all. He spoke of how we needed to forgive those that offended us because God had done the same too.
He went on to tell us about how he had held a grudge against his father for twelve years because he had been unfaithful to his mother through out their 22years of marriage. He said he only found out years later because his mother had kept it a secret. He said he had cut all contact with him and even decided to cut him out of his marriage. It was only when his wife begun speaking to him about the it that he started to critically think about forgiving him.

This message really spoke to me and I begun to think about how I had held a grudge against my family for so many years. Even though what they had done was wrong I knew God still wanted me to for them. Frank's mother had spent time giving me counsel concerning the same and I opened up to her. She spoke to me about forgiveness and gave told me about her not so pretty experiences. I guess God was really communicating something to me.

Pastor Patrick called for those that were holding grudges and had made a decision to let go to go to the front. I stood up without even looking at Frank and nelt down before the alter and surrendered to God all that burden that I had been carrying. I mentioned each and Every name that had caused me pain as I prayed to God to grant me the grace I needed to completely forgive each one of them.

After being led into a prayer, Pastor Patrick called Pastor Frank to come through and counsel each one of us individually at a set time. I had felt light and so peaceful. It felt like all my life I had been dragging a huge duffle bag of metal scrapes and today I had decided to live it behind.