Chapter Ten

That was quite an evening, I drove back home deep in thought. I noticed something on the passenger's seat as I was getting out of the car. It was red Lipstick, Cindy must have dropped it there. I picked it up and made my way inside.

She is an amazing woman and she is hurting

I stopped in my steps as I heard that. I felt a sharp pain in my chest just as I reached the door. It wasn't physical pain but it was emotional. Something that I couldn't explain, it was beyond me. I felt neglected and endangered. "Lord Could this be how she felt?"
I asked, well if it was it then alot must have really gone on as she was growing up. All I wanted at this point is to be there for her. I guess there was no going back, I was all in.

I got into the house and went straight to my bed room. I immediately took a shower and slept like a baby till the next morning.

............

My morning started out at 2AM, when I woke up to do my devotion. I spent some hours in prayer and by 6Am I had hit the road for a morning jog. When I got back I stepped into the shower and got myself ready for church. I had to be there in time as I was the one preaching.

I got to church on time and I sat in the front row enjoying the music. When I got to the pulpit and started preaching, my eyes had landed on someone I did not expect to see. It was Cindy, she was seated not so far from the front. Maybe four rows after the first one. I had felt an inner peace upon seeing her there. Well I continued with my sermon and after I was done I  led everyone into a prayer and the service came to an end. An hour later, all the visitors were led into the vusitor's lounge.

I went over to welcome all them and to see whether or not they had come to join us or maybe they were just passing through.

And there she was, I immediately smiled the moment I saw her. She was in a black pencil skirt, blue stilettoes and a white blouse. On top of it she wore a white and blue long vest. She sat just by the entrance with her hands resting on her laps.

"Hello everyone,
I am Pastor Frank and am the assistant Pastor here at Grace ministries. You're all welcome, if you have any concerns or prayer requests, do indicate in the forms you've been given."

I then shook everyone's hand and left the room. i
I went on to instruct one of the Ushers to tell Cindy to wait for me. I saw her follow outside and after speaking for a bit, Cindy turned back and took a seat in the lounge.

"Hello, I said with a smile"

"Hai, how are you. As she stood up to greet me."

"Am very fine how are you?"
As I sat down next to her.

"Am alright. That was a great sermon by the way"

I smiled and gave a gentle bow to what she said. "I am so happy to see you here am so glad you came"

"Am glad i did too"

"So where are you headed from here?"

"Just home, am not going to the shelter today."

"Join me for Lunch at DeLight"

"Sure I would love to"

"Alright let me just finish up with a few things then we can leave. Is that okay with you?"

"Yes it is"