Chapter Five

After church I went to the orphanage to visit. This is something I did whenever I could. I volunteered there and sat down to talk to the kids I found. This was my way of saying thankyou and remaining appreciative to the people that took care of me.

I had carried the Little ones and taken them to town for some Ice cream. Considering the fact that the weather was extremely hot I figured is would be something they would enjoy. I was still in my church gown, A royal blue midi dress with some black heels and my black clutch.

Just as i had finished paying for the Ice cream we had bought, I turned to head for the door and it was then that I saw Frank, the same guy that had almost hit me on friday. He was dressed casually just like the first time we had crossed paths. He was in a blue Jeans, a white T shirt and and some trainners. He was quite tall and lean. And he had this rich golden skin. He hard soft sharp eyes and I couldn't deny the fact that he was very handsome.

He immediately spotted me and smiled. He came to where I was with the kids and as he covered the distance between us, he motioned to the kids and offered them a warm smile. He bent down to say hi to each one of them. He then straightened up and stretched out his hand.

"Hello Miss Cindy, what a pleasant suprise to see you here."

"Hai Frank how are you?"
It was so surprising to see how my greeting had drawn so much attention from the people around. I noticed everyone was looking at us. I became uncomfortable and wondered why they were staring.

"Am alright Cindy and how are you?"

"Am okay"

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to church then after, I decided to visit these little angels at the Shelter home."

He smiled at my answer and scanned the kids a little. I then threw his question right back at him.

"What are you doing here?"

"My home is just a few blocks from here. I just came to get some milk cause it ran out. "
"Which church do you attend?"
He asked, as he thrust his hands in his pockets.

"I go to living word Baptist Church."

A church I had been introduced to by my parents. It was a family church I could say, Because we all went there. Even in my time of living at the shelter home I would always ask for permission to go there. The stares in the store had grown and I now became even more curious as to why we were being looked at. I had to ask Frank if he had any idea of why peoole where looking at us in such a way.

"Would you by any chance know why everyone is staring?"
He smiled just before he could give me an answer.

"Well, around here no one addresses me by my first name. They all call me Pastor so they are astonished at how you and Interacting are interacting."

"You're a pastor?" I asked with so much suprise in my expression.

"Yes Iam"

"Why didn't you tell me? I feel so embarrassed right now. Am so sorry Pastor"

"Hey no need for that, my name is Frank and I don't mind if you usee my first name." I smiled and gave a little bow.

"It was nice seeing you here let me not delay you any longer. I can see that your hands are full.

"Yeah you better get that milk, See you around Frank." I walked away with the little ones and Frank went the opposite direction."

Author's Note

Hey loves
Thankyou for reading my story. Hope you're enjoying yourselves. Don't forget to vote and comment