Chapter Seven

I sat in the house alone having my supper after work. I couldn't help but think about the previous day when I had met Frank, Pastor Frank. I wonder what he must have thought of me. I needed to tell Jean this. Just as I was thinking I heard a knock on the door. Wondering whom it was, I walked to the door to see who it was and to my suprise it was Frank, I mean Pastor Frank.

"Hello," I immediately spoke out

"Hey, Can I come in?"

"Of course, pardon my manners." I gestured for him to come in.
Can I offer you anything to drink?"

"No thankyou am alright. Am sorry for coming here an announced and this late. I forgot to get your contact the last time we met."

I gave a smile and gave a slight bow to show him it was alright.

"I'll be attending a wedding this Saturday. One of our church members is getting married. I would love it if you accompanied me." He finished with a smile

I hesisted a bit before answering. I then motioned to him and asked; "Are you asking me out on a date?"

"Yes iam" looking a little embarrassed by his own answer but he still kept his gaze fixed on me.

"Of course i will accompany you." I said with a smile feeling a little shy.

He looked back at me with a huge smile as he continued to say; "We're only attending the eveing celebration so i'll pick you up at at 7am"

"Sure no problem."

"I apologise once again for coming here unannounced. I think I should now get your number so that I don't have  show up announced again."

"Of course"
I gave him my digits and we chatted a bit before he left. This was really moving fast, I met a guy who turned out to be a pastor at one of the biggest churches and now I just accepted to go on a date with him.  I needed some Jean time. Jean was the one person I always ran to when I panicked.

Just as I was getting ready to go to bed, I heard my phone ring and it was Martha.

Wow this is when she remebers to check up on me

"Hello Martha"

"Hey girl. Seriously you left my party without saying bye"

"Well you seemed occupied and some drunk guy tried to dance with me"

"C'mon dont be boring girl. When's the last time you went on a date?"

Actually I do have a date this coming weekend.

"Girrrrll you're sneaky. Tell me everrrything!"

"Sorry can't tell"

"Okay I won't ask again but I need to see that man. Is he a bad boy? You know how I feel about boys."

"Ahhhh I gotta go to bed now. I have work tomorrow. But let's talk more o  the weekend."
Avoiding the topic of discussing Pastor Frank. I did not need any more drama from this girl.