Chapter Four

It was Saturday so meaning I had no work and church. I sat in the house thinking about the lady I had just met the previous night. She seemed descent and really nice too but there was just something else about her and I couldn't just figure it out.

She was tall but not taller than me, slim and had this rich golden skin. She somehow reminded me of Racheal, my last girlfriend but that wasn't it.

Racheal was a woman I wanted to marry but time had not allowed for it to happen. She passed on even before I could actually ask her to marry me. She had died in a car accident as she had susttained some serious head injuries. She was a nurse by profession and a caring one too. She was a woman I had shared goals with and one I saw myself growing old with.

We had met through mutual friends and we bumped into each other a few times in town and the rest is history. It was so hard for me after she passed. I was devasted and miserable. I stayed in alot as every place i went to reminded me of her. It took me a year and a half to completely heal. But God had been faithful through out the journey.

Many people have asked me to move on but it's not as easy as it sounds. Friends have introduced me to people they feel  it may work out with but it's just been the opposite. Not that i don't want to move on it's just that i haven't found what am looking for.

********

After church on Sunday I sat down with Patrick, the senior pastor at the church where I pastored, Grace Ministries. He was to officiate the marriage of one of the church members who was getting married a week from now.

"Frank, do you have a date to the wedding?"

"I just laughed, knowing where this was going. No pastor I don't"

"Why don't you go with Bethany seeing that she seems to be interested in you?" He suggested.

"Uhhh well she does have a card"

"But you can still go with her as you your date"

"No pastor, she's a nice girl but me and her cant just work."

Bethany was a lady many church members had suggested for a partner and on several occasions some leaders had tried to get us together but she wasn't just for me. Well it wasn't new to me that she was interested cause it was clear. Pastor Patrick suggesting her was also not a suprise to me.

As we sat in his office and him trying to convince me on whom to invite I heard
"Cindy"
Shocked at what I had just heard I repeated the name out loud in question "Cindy?"
Pastor Patrick then looked at me and asked, "who's Cindy?"

I begun to explain to him.
"A lady I had met on Friday on my way home from here. I almost hit her but I managed to stop in time. I took her home and that was it."

"Then Cindy it is. Invite her"
Suprised at how he had now shifted to her, someone he didn't even know. As if he had read my thoughts, he spoke out.

"Yes invite her, if her name has come up it means there must be a reason. I 'll be waiting to see this mystery woman. "